• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we be better this year? A random fans break down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

When I see the mention of UCF being a big win I feel like throwing up. UCF should be an annual beat down for us, a game we don't give a thought to and it's a bare minimum for the season to win.

How far we've fallen while they got better.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Funny that we've sucked the last couple of years and UCF still can't dismantle us with their best teams on record. I don't care about the A. Woulard situation either. If Taggart can't win with the guys he brought in, then what difference is it going to make waiting another year for Woulard? Unfortunately, Coach Taggart hasn't shown a penchant in the coaching acumen department on gameday to date - which leads me to believe we will have more of the same this season (although I'm praying for some W's). If we suck again in a conference that is watered down, send him packing. Plain and simple.

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  761
  • Days Won:  2

Funny that we've sucked the last couple of years and UCF still can't dismantle us with their best teams on record. I don't care about the A. Woulard situation either. If Taggart can't win with the guys he brought in, then what difference is it going to make waiting another year for Woulard? Unfortunately, Coach Taggart hasn't shown a penchant in the coaching acumen department on gameday to date - which leads me to believe we will have more of the same this season (although I'm praying for some W's). If we suck again in a conference that is watered down, send him packing. Plain and simple.

I personally dont think Taggart has been as bad at play calling as hes been in trying to enforce the system. The choice in the system was his grave mistake. Its not a bad one, it just doesnt work here. Our problem was clearly the system, we dont have what it takes to implement the power run. He realized that now, albeit unfortunately it took 2 full losing seasons. I think play calling will take a step forward simply because of the new system. Our team will look markedly better. I for one am willing to bet 100 bucks were going bowling

Having a mobile qb and a better line will pay HUGE dividends for our run game. (Mack could have an INCREDIBLE year). And our defense is supposed to be better this year also so I dont see how we can go anywhere but UP

Edited by BULLZ

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

I can't bet against USF - just not in my blood. So your $100 is safe. However, I have no clue what to expect this season - but after the Maryland game seeing it first hand, I'll surely have a better idea.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

With smoke and mirrors I still think we get to six wins. I will say it again, two out of conference games will go a long way to bowl eligibility: Maryland and Syarcuse. Win one and I think we get to six.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

I expect a better team and results than last year.

I think we have better athletes, better position coaches, and better schemes than last year.

I agree with BULLZ that this team seriously needs some leadership in the locker room. 

AND

I still think that CWT will be the difference this year. I just don't know which way that difference will take us.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,806
  • Days Won:  0

I think we really do not know what to expect on offense. I mean Q Flowers was a true freshman playing in pro style offense. That was not his skill set. We will see less reads and quick decisions and a lot of running see Auburn for the offense we will most likely resemble. I think we are finally going to see the systems again that match the Florida talent we have.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Props to OP for putting it out there, pretty good/conservative assessment IMO. I definitely agree with JimSig on the O line effects. Less rushed passes leads to less dropped passes, so I think our WRs will be improved as a unit. I'd only differ from yours with WR/TEs (better): we lose McFarland but gain Dillon and Pope. We lose Davis but have Adams, McCants, and LeGree who are all athletic, and also add Whitehead who seems to be a pretty good possession receiver.

Maybe will differ on the QB, too. I do think Flowers' creativity in a spread might make for a quality improvement.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,355
  • Days Won:  5

6 and 6. Cali,  I liked Mikey, but he telegraphed his throws.  I believe he has leadership qualities but I saw a whooped puppy dog going through the tunnel after the UCF game. I said  "get'em next year Mikey... his face told me what all of us now know.

I also believe that Tags was trying to hammer a  square thorough a round hole with his type of offence. I do like the fact that he will now force a change- you know- adapt- to what he has and i expect more than 17 points a game. Maybe say 20-23?

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Props to OP for putting it out there, pretty good/conservative assessment IMO. I definitely agree with JimSig on the O line effects. Less rushed passes leads to less dropped passes, so I think our WRs will be improved as a unit. I'd only differ from yours with WR/TEs (better): we lose McFarland but gain Dillon and Pope. We lose Davis but have Adams, McCants, and LeGree who are all athletic, and also add Whitehead who seems to be a pretty good possession receiver.

Maybe will differ on the QB, too. I do think Flowers' creativity in a spread might make for a quality improvement.

Everyone is forgetting our potentially best WR on the roster (4 star, 6'3" 200lb Ryeshene Bronson )

• Upvote 1