• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Will we be better this year? A random fans break down

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

IMO this team will be good enough to go 6-6 or 4-8. And IMO it wont come down to talent, skill, or any of that. (not even coaching) Its going to come down to leadership in the lockerroom, and heart. If we have true leaders step up that are hungry to win and are hungry to be great and are tired of losing, that attitude can be infectious. 

THIS is what we had in the Leavitt years. That underdog shock the world, we dont care what anyone says we are we know who we are mentality. Our team DARED to be GREAT.

That will be the determining factor. LEADERS. Hopefully we have some in the lockerroom

Dude you make me want to jump suit up and run into a wall! You are hired!  This is absolutely how I feel also!  This is the one thing I'm banking on this season because I think we have some of those guys, especially on the defensive side of the ball. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,352
  • Days Won:  5

6 and 6. Cali,  I liked Mikey, but he telegraphed his throws.  I believe he has leadership qualities but I saw a whooped puppy dog going through the tunnel after the UCF game. I said  "get'em next year Mikey... his face told me what all of us now know.

I also believe that Tags was trying to hammer a  square thorough a round hole with his type of offense. I do like the fact that he will now force a change- you know- adapt- to what he has and i expect more than 17 points a game. Maybe say 20-23?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

Props to OP for putting it out there, pretty good/conservative assessment IMO. I definitely agree with JimSig on the O line effects. Less rushed passes leads to less dropped passes, so I think our WRs will be improved as a unit. I'd only differ from yours with WR/TEs (better): we lose McFarland but gain Dillon and Pope. We lose Davis but have Adams, McCants, and LeGree who are all athletic, and also add Whitehead who seems to be a pretty good possession receiver.

Maybe will differ on the QB, too. I do think Flowers' creativity in a spread might make for a quality improvement.

Everyone is forgetting our potentially best WR on the roster (4 star, 6'3" 200lb Ryeshene Bronson )
you're right, good catch

People forget Rodney Adams is a former 4 star, too. I guess people don't expect him to improve at all. I for one think he's ready to make a jump. Also that McCants is back to 100% and along with A.J. Legree and whichever of the new guys breaks through, we should have a much better WR corps. I don't understand why people assume young guys won't get better or mature.
I dont get why everybody assumes that an extra year will make a player progress drastically. I made this point in my original post. Dont get me wrong, rodney adams can straight up ball. I am looking forward to his potential all conference selection. But lets not forget that we are not bringing in somebody to replace Andre Davis or Mike McFarland. You are not going to convince me that Bronson is already on par with his NFL skill set, or that Dillon is going to be a master field goal blocker or as good as a pass catcher. And my personal opinion is that Sean Price will never live up to his recruiting hype (which is where the Mackey award watch list credential primarily stems from, in combo with being the starter). Like i said, i was close to giving the group a push Edited by CaliforniaBull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

I don’t see how we haven’t gotten better.

Quarterback (better) - We officially have 4 quarterbacks on our roster than can run a 40 under a 4.7, three of them run a 4.5 and 2 out of those four can actually throw if you count Brett Kean and Karsten Miller. Personally, I think Kean will rise up as a true Freshman and lead us to glory. When the season starts I shall have my  â€œI told you so post†ready. I’m not a big fan of Bench or Flowers, but if they somehow manage to beat out Kean then I’m confident we can get at least 6 wins with them.

Running back (waaay better) Marlon Mack is a beast. Tice is a beast who can also catch. Not sure why you fail to mention him in your post, but I see him getting 500 rushing yards this year while Mack Surpasses 1000 again. Kennard Swanson, and D'Ernest Johnson will play their roles as well. I feel they have all probably added muscle and speed this offseason so it will be an awesome year of running.

Receivers / Tight ends (better) –How are we worse? Welch sucked, Andre Davis was great but gone, and  Adams is still here. Now our quarterbacks will finally be forced to utilize the other talent such as 4 star Rysheen Bronson, Clerveax, Whitehead, Chris Bar  and let us not forget McCants in addition to 2 good transfers from P5 schools.   We have plenty of speed and good hands this year.

Offensive line (Much better)- I agree

Defensive line (Better)- Kevin Bronson, Deadrin Senat, Marlon Gonzalez…and they are playing with 4 bodies at the line. We are much deeper this year.

Linebackers (Freakin awesome) No words needed, I expect an awesome defense this year

Defensive Backs (Better) I think mad players got experience from last year and have probably put on good muscle in this off season.

Kicker/Punter (better) We are good at this position.

Return game (better) We have waaay too many speed options this year. I think McCants will be the main go to guy.

Coaches- We took one of the top defensive coaches from the SEC in Tom Allen who was part of the top defense in the nation. Danny Hope came from Purdue a school that has been using the spread since I was a kid, but now he gets to use it with better athletes, and the Wild Card is Kinan, Coached Taggart and Danny Hope. Coached in college and is a legendary high school coach who won 5 state titles using the spread. 

Conclusion:

I’m not sure why there is so much doubt. Memphis had a 3-9 record in 2013, but bounced back in 2014 with a 10-3 record and 7-1 in the AAC. Hell even last year, 4 of our losses were by less than 12 points. I know a loss is a loss, 12 points is not much and those 4 losses we beat ourselves. I’ve said all I can in this blog. I’m going to devote my blog time back to my Gators. Bulls Fans are getting too depressing for me. lol I became a Bulls fans because they had a lot of Haitians on their team, they are from the state of Florida amd the fans were are devoted and funny. Dont let these past few years change you, It’s going to be alright. Sit back and enjoy a better season. 

Edited by Gatorbull325

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

QB:  Even.  Hard to be worse; new system, maybe better OL, experienced backs and better targets should help.

WR/TE: Better.  Losing Davis hurts, but not being one dimensional should help the O.  We have a lot of speed and perhaps some new talent at slot, that could make us a lot more fun to watch.  Dillon could more than make up for McFarland, who was inconsistent.

RB: Better.  Same players, but bigger & smarter.  We discovered Swanson a few games in, and will figure out how to get him more involved.  If QB and OL play improve, I look for Mack to break 1000, on fewer carries (one, he won't NEED to carry it as often and two, others are capable and will get carries).

OL: Better.  Lost some starter, but only Reiter hurts much.  Lots of big guys, including two potential new stud OTs.

DL: Even.  Lost some good folks upfront, but none really reached their potential. We have a lot of young talent, and 2016 will be even better.

LB:  Even. Losing Cliett hurts, but Harris should improve.  I think we may have the weakest MLB in the conference, though I respect Sanchez's fight.  I do think some young players step up big, and the new system optimizes our team speed and lets these guys attack.

DB:  Better.  Few losses, and a growing number of young, aggressive kids playing in a better D should help.

KR:  Even.  Hard to know who'll step up here, but Dunkley was underutilized, so I don't know that on the whole, we can't improve.

K/P:  Worse.  Challenge, but hopefully we don't need "money" at K...just a lot of XPs.  Punting will be excellent.

Coaching: Better.  I remain very skeptical on Taggart, but think Coach Allen will really improve our D.  I do think the O will be more fun to watch, and hopefully score a lot more (low bar).

Overall:  I think this team & staff will be better, and should win 5+ games.  But this season looks tougher than last, and with QB play some unknown, it's hard to know where we'll land.  If QF and Bench can complete 55% of their passes, and mix it up, the running game should be stellar.  I have high hopes, but am cautious not to let Lucy pull away the football on me again.

Edited by JupiterBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Days Won:  22

Everyone complains about our QB, but our OOine couldn't block anybody last year and as slow as White was it was painful to see Dlinemen get to him faster than he could drop back. As for McFarland, he has great height and hands but the guy was not a good blocker either.

White could be successful in an offense with a decent Oline and decent WR. We didn't have that last year other than Davis at WR for some games

Edited by Cubanbull

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Pump the breaks a bit on the "one of the top defensive coaches in the SEC" banners.  Tom Allen was a line bakers coach for two years at Ole Miss.  Not the architect of the 4-2-5 scheme there.  A position coach.  

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Pump the breaks a bit on the "one of the top defensive coaches in the SEC" banners.  Tom Allen was a line bakers coach for two years at Ole Miss.  Not the architect of the 4-2-5 scheme there.  A position coach.  

I think bringing an aspect of SEC D will get some happy as opposed to the "wait & see" D we've seen too much of.

I like what I read about Allen, but you're right in that the jury is out till we see the product.  Coach B wasn't horrible, but Allen seems like a more innovative, aggressive D Coordinator, something we could use.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

I never said he was the "defensive coordinator", but he was one of the coaches on one of the best defenses last year and had a lot of hype to become a Defensive Coordinator.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  246

I don’t see how we haven’t gotten better.

Quarterback (better) - We officially have 4 quarterbacks on our roster than can run a 40 under a 4.7, three of them run a 4.5 and 2 out of those four can actually throw if you count Brett Kean and Karsten Miller. Personally, I think Kean will rise up as a true Freshman and lead us to glory. When the season starts I shall have my “I told you so post†ready. I’m not a big fan of Bench or Flowers, but if they somehow manage to beat out Kean then I’m confident we can get at least 6 wins with them.

Running back (waaay better) Marlon Mack is a beast. Tice is a beast who can also catch. Not sure why you fail to mention him in your post, but I see him getting 500 rushing yards this year while Mack Surpasses 1000 again. Kennard Swanson, and D'Ernest Johnson will play their roles as well. I feel they have all probably added muscle and speed this offseason so it will be an awesome year of running.

Receivers / Tight ends (better) –How are we worse? Welch sucked, Andre Davis was great but gone, and Adams is still here. Now our quarterbacks will finally be forced to utilize the other talent such as 4 star Rysheen Bronson, Clerveax, Whitehead, Chris Bar and let us not forget McCants in addition to 2 good transfers from P5 schools. We have plenty of speed and good hands this year.

Offensive line (Much better)- I agree

Defensive line (Better)- Kevin Bronson, Deadrin Senat, Marlon Gonzalez…and they are playing with 4 bodies at the line. We are much deeper this year.

Linebackers (Freakin awesome) No words needed, I expect an awesome defense this year

Defensive Backs (Better) I think mad players got experience from last year and have probably put on good muscle in this off season.

Kicker/Punter (better) We are good at this position.

Return game (better) We have waaay too many speed options this year. I think McCants will be the main go to guy.

Coaches- We took one of the top defensive coaches from the SEC in Tom Allen who was part of the top defense in the nation. Danny Hope came from Purdue a school that has been using the spread since I was a kid, but now he gets to use it with better athletes, and the Wild Card is Kinan, Coached Taggart and Danny Hope. Coached in college and is a legendary high school coach who won 5 state titles using the spread.

Conclusion:

I’m not sure why there is so much doubt. Memphis had a 3-9 record in 2013, but bounced back in 2014 with a 10-3 record and 7-1 in the AAC. Hell even last year, 4 of our losses were by less than 12 points. I know a loss is a loss, 12 points is not much and those 4 losses we beat ourselves. I’ve said all I can in this blog. I’m going to devote my blog time back to my Gators. Bulls Fans are getting too depressing for me. lol I became a Bulls fans because they had a lot of Haitians on their team, they are from the state of Florida amd the fans were are devoted and funny. Dont let these past few years change you, It’s going to be alright. Sit back and enjoy a better season.

I am not at all a depressed bulls fan. I love USF no matter what their record is, and i definitely will not bandwagon over to the gators or noles blog. Im just being realistic in my analysis, and not going to claim that our kikcker is better after losing kloss lol. Its ok to be a fan without expecting a #1 overall ranking bro. Go USF