• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF AND LOUISVILLE ANNOUNCE THREE-GAME FOOTBALL SERIES

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

The answer is more UMASS games.

That and cornering the weekday market.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

In short we know that at zero fans it’s game over and I would say we are dangerously close to actual zero, how close do you think is a reasonable number to call it? I don’t think we are far from that number if you think we can continue to hemmerage fans and that doesn’t have consequences than great but losing large amounts of conference money and 70% of your customers will be a death nail to pretty much any business. Walk into the stadium any given Saturday, does it feel like it’s a successful business? Now cut the number of people in there in half, could you see it continuing without something drastic changing? 

Of course, zero fans, means the program would have to shut down, but that would NEVER happen and I don't see how you think that we are even close to that.  *Hemorrhaging fans?  I don't see fans leaving in droves.  Attendance at games is down in all sports and you can't compare ours to other schools as we get actual numbers and they don't.  I'm a fan of USF and I go to or watch every game that I can without regard to who the opponent is and if more USF, "fans" were this way, we wouldn't have an issue, but unfortunately they're not.  We have too many people who base their fandom on our schedule.  Not getting into the P5 has hurt us, no doubt, but we are nowhere near shutting down the program.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

In short we know that at zero fans it’s game over and I would say we are dangerously close to actual zero, how close do you think is a reasonable number to call it? I don’t think we are far from that number if you think we can continue to hemmerage fans and that doesn’t have consequences than great but losing large amounts of conference money and 70% of your customers will be a death nail to pretty much any business. Walk into the stadium any given Saturday, does it feel like it’s a successful business? Now cut the number of people in there in half, could you see it continuing without something drastic changing? 

This all changes once USF gets that OCS. Happy for UCF’s success with their OCS as it makes USF move faster to follow suit. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Just now, Bull Daly said:

This all changes once USF gets that OCS.

Why do you continue to believe this?  There is absolutely no evidence that an OCS will increase attendance in the long term, yet you still keep saying it would.  When we were in the BE and we were winning, we didn't have an attendance issue.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

Why do you continue to believe this?  There is absolutely no evidence that an OCS will increase attendance in the long term, yet you still keep saying it would.  When we were in the BE and we were winning, we didn't have an attendance issue.

Disagree. If you just repeat something enough times, it becomes true. Just like the HB Dive for Gilbert and xCSH golfing instead of recruiting.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Attendance was up in 2016 and greater than UCF.  Not sure about 2017 numbers.  I don't know how anyone thinks this program is about the fold though. An OCS may increase student interest and attendance and you can build a more intimate stadium that that won't look half empty when there are only 35, 000 people in the seats.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Wonder if Addidas is helping grease the wheels?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,337
  • Days Won:  43

41 minutes ago, usfbullrider said:

Wonder if Addidas is helping grease the wheels?

Good point. Adidas is now the constant with Strong, USF, and Louisville 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,009
  • Days Won:  38

20 hours ago, JTrue said:

Disagree. If you just repeat something enough times, it becomes true. Just like the HB Dive for Gilbert and xCSH golfing instead of recruiting.

You mean how Gilbert #HBDIVES? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Still would rather see us play someone new...Louisville is a been there done that. Whenever I think of Louisville it reminds where we are stuck at. Beating them will not produce a “wow” moment. That being said Louisville will need to retool over the next few years so I do hope we can take that series.