• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is the most

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I agree. If Temple was a better team than us, we'd probably lose.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

36 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Of course we will never know for sure but holding any offense to 41 yards (regardless if the O is bad) in a half will always keep you in the game. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Leavitt's team's were more often than not aggressive penalties.  Usually dumb ones, but aggressive ones.  Most of these are just lack of discipline.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Capital H said:

Undisciplined USF team in history and that is saying something.

I disagree.  I think some of Leavitt's lesser talented teams were more undisciplined because that was their style.  Physical, late hits, knocking snot out of noses.  This team's penalties are typically false starts and other goofy offensive stuff.  Problems with executing rather than discipline.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,680
  • Days Won:  8

31 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

Leavitt's team's were more often than not aggressive penalties.  Usually dumb ones, but aggressive ones.  Most of these are just lack of discipline.

Yeah. Leavitt's would be like roughing the passer, late hit, holding, chop block or whatever... something happening between a USF player and opponent player... not false starts or illegal formations. 

I actually think it was Leavitts style to make everyone into aggressive beasts, just beat the hell out of them, so you'd get those type of penalties.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

2 hours ago, JTrue said:

image.gif.6ff4641d27a22c9d573808785c8c172d.gif

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, Thebullsfan said:

Idk CJL had some moments

Where is a Jerome Murphy 15 yard personal foul when you need it?  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

It went to St. Louis in the League; not certain where now. 

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

10 hours ago, Brad said:

I disagree.  I think some of Leavitt's lesser talented teams were more undisciplined because that was their style.  Physical, late hits, knocking snot out of noses.  This team's penalties are typically false starts and other goofy offensive stuff.  Problems with executing rather than discipline.

It was like this in practice each day as well when running against the first team defense getting them ready for the game each week... hence while working on the scout team, I made sure I was dishing out as much physical punishment as possible because you never knew when someone was going to get you a second after that whistle sounded. Furthermore, when you repeat the same play three or four times in a row because something didn't go well for either the scout team or the defense, the element of surprise is taken out of it for the defense. At that point, you just need to man up and know someone like Kawika Mitchell has you in his sights as you're coming across the middle on a route or a block that is going to leave you seeing stars from time to time after the violent collision.

The eye in the sky never lies... and Leavitt and company watched every play over and over that evening after each practice looking for people out of position, people loafing, etc. When people complain at times about how untalented some of us were while playing football, I get it... but spend an entire year on a roster and tell me how you feel when you can't sleep throught the night because you're so dinged up physically - yet you're like the Dunkin Donuts guy when you roll out of bed... time to make the donuts and back to the grind. I've never had more pride in my life than those moments when I was suited up playing for USF... because like everyone on the team, I physically bled to be in that uniform. Sometimes our fans need to step back and realize this.    

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

It's the "hurry-up" offense... 1 penalty killed a drive because everyone didn't get set before the snap... the guard false starts are expected with a team running a fast offense to an extent. These guys have never run this, you have 300lb dudes rushing to the line, they are going to make mistakes.

Q's 15 yarder - the guy came over and got in his face, not to say that he was right, but, it also wasn't completely un-provoked.

2 of the penalties were delay of game in punt situations?

How many plays have we ran this year and what's our ratio on offense? If you only run 50 plays per game, there is less chance to get penalized. They'll get it cleaned up and I'll worry more about it in a couple of weeks. Hopefully the offense will start clicking and we'll know if the penalties are really killing drives, or, if it's just that the offense can't produce.