• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong Defense 3-3-5 & what defensive player do you think will step up.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,430
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, smazza said:

exciting to have a football coach that has had real success and high level of competition

Trolling?

Success at Big East Louisville isn't THAT much to brag about.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, smazza said:

exciting to have a football coach that has had real success and high level of competition

I see that we're in definite need of a "Sarcasm Emote".

Just an FYI, CS has had a great deal more success then our two previous Head Coaches at the BCS level. So there's that at least. :thumbsup:

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

33 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Deadrin Senat? He might fit pretty well in that role. 

Marlon Gonzalez will be a beast and both Kelvin's will be a surprising Freshman force.  Their film looks awesome. Both have strength and speed. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Marlon Gonzalez will be a beast and both Kelvin's will be a surprising Freshman force.  Their film looks awesome. Both have strength and speed. 

Marlon Gonzalez is like 260 lbs. Hes not playing nose tackle. And I agree, the kelvins tape look solid....against high school kids. They should not be relied upon to eat double teams at a level they haven't even played a snap yet. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

16 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

Marlon Gonzalez is like 260 lbs. Hes not playing nose tackle. And I agree, the kelvins tape look solid....against high school kids. They should not be relied upon to eat double teams at a level they haven't even played a snap yet. 

Marlon Gonzalez was 260 as a Freshman. I think he is closer to the 290 range now. 

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We need them all to step up.  Did anybody play better than a C last season?

9 minutes ago, JoeB said:

We need them all to step up.  Did anybody play better than a C last season?

I honestly believe most of our issues last year were do to coaching. We seemed to be in the wrong scheme most of the time and once we were effective, failed to adjust when our opponent did. Say what you will but, you can't be effective if you begin most plays out of position. The offense already has a jump on you as they know where the ball is going and to/with whom.

Edited by Azmodi
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I just pray we stop playing our DBs 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.  Most offensive coordinators at the college level understand that they get 4 downs to go 10 yards, and when they can get 6-7 on first down AT WILL against our defense, we make them look like offensive geniuses.  

Just my hunch, but even though I realize a little more press/man coverage on the opposing WRs might mean they get roasted from time to time, most QBs we face won't be good enough to do it routinely.  We just need to be more physical on the outside and get guys off their routes.  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

I just pray we stop playing our DBs 7 yards off the line of scrimmage.  Most offensive coordinators at the college level understand that they get 4 downs to go 10 yards, and when they can get 6-7 on first down AT WILL against our defense, we make them look like offensive geniuses.  

Just my hunch, but even though I realize a little more press/man coverage on the opposing WRs might mean they get roasted from time to time, most QBs we face won't be good enough to do it routinely.  We just need to be more physical on the outside and get guys off their routes.  

^ This. Our FSU and Temple games were prime examples of why you don't play off the line.

I'd also like for CS and company to devote an entire month of practice to Tackling fundamentals. I'm so tired of watching our players go for a big hit and whiff, while the other teams player scampers for a 20 to 50 yard gain. :facepalm:

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Lube up our smallest lineman and push him thru the a gap.   Prob solved!

• Upvote 1