• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark your calendars and save up 9/5/2020

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,518
  • Days Won:  28

10 hours ago, 206BULL said:

I would personally be shocked if Coach Strong was here long enough to coach in that game.

I think the only job he leaves us for would be UF at this point and I don't see their coach going away anytime soon. He is 50 years old. Nobody want to keep moving around like that. Plus, Texas contract plus his USF contract has made this man rich so it won't be a money issue to stay. USF is a perfect fit for him to have success, 

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

I think the only job he leaves us for would be UF at this point and I don't see their coach going away anytime soon. He is 50 years old. Nobody want to keep moving around like that. Plus, Texas contract plus his USF contract has made this man rich so it won't be a money issue to stay. USF is a perfect fit for him to have success, 

I was literally just typing 90% verbatim of this post. Fully agree, UF is likely our biggest concern. Isn't strong older though? Like 56 I thought? Even more to your point.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I agree. Even with success, there may be some extenuating circumstances that would cause CCS to stick around. His wife's family is from around here. He already did the Big School thing and see the pressure. He has had ties to Florida for a long time.

I agree that if UF and maybe even South Carolina would to come calling, he would probably view those as a draw.

Looking at our future schedules, if he can recruit similar to CWT, I tend to doubt he will have trouble. Next year the toughest game is what....Houston at Home maybe?

In 2018, it is basically next year's schedule with Houston and Tulsa on the road and Georgia Tech at Home. So it is 1 game tougher than the weak 2017 schedule.  

2019 he would have 2 tough games in GT and Wisconsin. In 20' his toughest game will be Texas. So in the next four seasons, besides the conference slate, his schedule is so weak he almost has to win 9 to 10 games each year but then don't other schools see that and go, sure his record is great but who has he beaten?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,516
  • Days Won:  422

4 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Next year the toughest game is what....Houston at Home maybe?

Don't know what they bring back but Tulsa may be tougher .... and UCF will have had another year to get really really faster.

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Doug Gottlieb point-blank asks CCS about this being a "stepping stone" gig.  The response is expectantly nebulous.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/gottlieb-charlie-strong-talks-usf-football-and-texas/vp-AAlELuB

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Did you notice the difference in the approach to the question as to some dipturd reporter from Tampa?

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809

Don't be surprised if CCS:

--runs the table this year.

--gets USF MENTIONED in the playoff conversation

-- has a top 5 Heisman hopeful

--and is out the door by 2018 to a very high paying P5 job (most likely UF)

All because of what he inherited...

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

3 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

Don't be surprised if CCS:

--runs the table this year.

--gets USF MENTIONED in the playoff conversation

-- has a top 5 Heisman hopeful

--and is out the door by 2018 to a very high paying P5 job (most likely UF)

All because of what he inherited...

****... I agree with Mookie.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

Don't know what they bring back but Tulsa may be tougher .... and UCF will have had another year to get really really faster.

Actually took a look at that.. Tulsa loses quite a bit (most importantly, the QB)..

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647

1 hour ago, Ricky the Bull said:

Doug Gottlieb point-blank asks CCS about this being a "stepping stone" gig.  The response is expectantly nebulous.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/gottlieb-charlie-strong-talks-usf-football-and-texas/vp-AAlELuB

Yeah after listening to that he will be gone. He will probably be here for the 2 seasons he gets his UT money and that is probably it.