• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So After A Couple Years In The AAC

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

There was a time, before the money got way out of hand when conference wasn't an indicator of football

Oh please. There are over 700 schools with football teams. I don't think the 600 or so with marginal facilities and never on TV have pity parties over their situation. You've all gotten sucked into the money side, which has destroyed the FBS. Snap outta it and be glad USF even has a team, much less one with a TV contract. That's much more than they had back when I attended.

Have to pretty much agree with most there, especially the pity parties part .......but think it's more being sucked into the caring more about what other people think about your program than you care about it yourself.

Care more about the conference than the team.

THIS.

And please don't call it settling. USF can still win a National Championship in every sport except football. And in MY opinion, we have the people in place that COULD get us there. I think Harlan will get the athletic department in better shape than it has ever been. I hope Taggart can get the BULLS back into winning, but if it's not him, I think the next guy will.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Oh please. There are over 700 schools with football teams. I don't think the 600 or so with marginal facilities and never on TV have pity parties over their situation. You've all gotten sucked into the money side, which has destroyed the FBS. Snap outta it and be glad USF even has a team, much less one with a TV contract. That's much more than they had back when I attended.

+1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

I like the AAC. I find being a medium sized fish in a large lake is much more entertaining than being a small fish in an ocean. I like that we are looked up to by some if not all in this conference (maybe not Memphis or UCF) when in the Big East we were laughed at by all. I like not being the joke of the NCAAs anymore. I think in a few years, maybe even a decade, we will look back on this and think, wow, this chance to step back and rebuild something with a foundation was the best thing we could have done.

I like what we've done to recover and I like where we are going and I like ice cream.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Two years later I find no value in the AAC other than a softer landing for our football and basketball programs as they plummeted to new lows.

The rest, does it really matter?

R-I-P-gravestone.jpg

COME ON DONT BE SO NEGATVIVE

we are a young program with little money

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I like the AAC. I find being a medium sized fish in a large lake is much more entertaining than being a small fish in an ocean. I like that we are looked up to by some if not all in this conference (maybe not Memphis or UCF) when in the Big East we were laughed at by all. I like not being the joke of the NCAAs anymore. I think in a few years, maybe even a decade, we will look back on this and think, wow, this chance to step back and rebuild something with a foundation was the best thing we could have done.

I like what we've done to recover and I like where we are going and I like ice cream.

it is what it is

this is where usf is so  let's make the most of  it

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We were hardly laughed at in the BE...maybe a snicker or two as the season was winding up, but our last 4-5 years we were a threat most every year going into the season.

but I tend to think we'll be able to look back and be glad we did our low years in a lower conference too, and I also like ice cream...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

It's not about money. It's about relevance. Meaningful games. Competing at a high level. Winning the Sun Belt isn't what most backed in the days you say we "crapped".

The easier path is to lie down into the oblivion of the AAC.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I like ice cream, too, but I must have missed something.  What have we done to recover?  Or do you mean that what we've done is going to lead to a recovery in the near future?  I hope we can pull the nose up on this thing soon.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

It is what it is. We got genshafted.

• Content Count:  9,686
  • Days Won:  8

All those mean things gators, noles and canes fans said to me back in 2007 turned out to be true.

:(