• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Spring Game 2015

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I stayed the whole game, great atmosphere there so creds to the athletic department for making it a fun time, even for my kids.

I was impressed with Flowers' evident improvement. He seemed far more relaxed overall than any time last year. But I have to say, there were a number of plays where the QB (esp QF) had a long time to make reads...and they needed it. I grumbled at that because I don't see them getting that long in season play, but Flowers and even Bench showed some good elusiveness. Overall the game just enforced some of the theories here that our D is looking the fastest it's looked in a while--plays to the edge got snuffed pretty consistently. But even at that, Mack looked pretty sharp and Tice was in excellent form. Adams & Bronson are good athletes, they both are going to make waves if they get the looks. Chase was pretty reliable and speedy, but man I fear a little for him with the couple of plays where the D tossed him like a rag-doll (complete with the crowd's "oooooo")--on PR/KR duty, he could get creamed (hope not).

I'm loving our defense, though, and watching the coaches fire up for these kids on the sidelines is good to see, too. Good vibe out there, now they have to polish it up a lot.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

You can't tell anything from the soring game.

We are playing against ourselves

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Which is even worse, our defense is still probably mediocre at best (middle of the pack in AAC) and we still cant put up points, our offense is worst in the conference and defense gave up points.  if junk is practicing against junk and can't be successful how in the world are they going to be effective when playing against something even semi-decent. Bottom line; athlete vs athlete, its coaching in the sense that its their job to recruit the best athletes, unfortunately i just wonder if we have the athletes to compete, forget the schemes. 

Edited by Jewbull

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159

I'm trying to figure out when has the soring gane ever been good in a season we had decent teams. It never has. We didn't start seeing scoring until Skip got here. Daniels and Grothe never lit it up in the spring...eell BJ did one year under skip and the defense was garbage. Shoot... Matt threw 2 picks in 2009 apring game and the offense played line ****. That was the year we beat FSU, when BJ was a freshman.

I'm new to this but it seems like USF fans are forgetting history. This reminds me very much of a CJL spring game. I dont get the dooms day talk.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Which is even worse, our defense is still probably mediocre at best (middle of the pack in AAC) and we still cant put up points, our offense is worst in the conference and defense gave up points.  if junk is practicing against junk and can't be successful how in the world are they going to be effective when playing against something even semi-decent. Bottom line; athlete vs athlete, its coaching in the sense that its their job to recruit the best athletes, unfortunately i just wonder if we have the athletes to compete, forget the schemes. 

:facepalm:

I'm trying to figure out when has the soring gane ever been good in a season we had decent teams. It never has. We didn't start seeing scoring until Skip got here. Daniels and Grothe never lit it up in the spring...eell BJ did one year under skip and the defense was garbage. Shoot... Matt threw 2 picks in 2009 apring game and the offense played line ****. That was the year we beat FSU, when BJ was a freshman.

I'm new to this but it seems like USF fans are forgetting history. This reminds me very much of a CJL spring game. I dont get the dooms day talk.

Everyone knows that 2007 was the best season for USF...

That game had NO SCORE through three quarters... and ended 7-6.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/32652-gousfbullscom-spring-game-report-and-vid/

-------

Yesterday, I was there for the first half... and I saw Flowers make at least 3 plays that reminded me of Grothe -- scrambling away from a sack and looking downfield to throw it...

Mike White was much more of an in-pocket passer and he rushed some throws when the DL got through to him... Bench was a bit of a hybrid - staying in the pocket sometimes, breaking away on others. Flowers would spin away from pressure everytime - including one ankle-breaker that I saw -- and the quick whistles would not have all been sacks in real games.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Everyone knows that 2007 was the best season for USF...

That game had NO SCORE through three quarters... and ended 7-6.

http://thebullspen.com/topic/32652-gousfbullscom-spring-game-report-and-vid/

-------

Yesterday, I was there for the first half... and I saw Flowers make at least 3 plays that reminded me of Grothe -- scrambling away from a sack and looking downfield to throw it...

Mike White was much more of an in-pocket passer and he rushed some throws when the DL got through to him... Bench was a bit of a hybrid - staying in the pocket sometimes, breaking away on others. Flowers would spin away from pressure everytime - including one ankle-breaker that I saw -- and the quick whistles would not have all been sacks in real games.

This.

Louk and his color guy mentioned this several times on the radio. All it took was a fingertip touch to get the sack called.

Hoping he stays healthy thru 13 games, but I'm really looking forward to QBQF scrambling like a crazy man!

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

:lmao: . You're just conveniently ignoring that we've had an offense ranked in the triple digits 2 years in a row with Taggart. If there was history like with Leavitt's teams where the offense never really struggled to score some points then no one should be worried. However, it is the COMPLETE opposite under Taggart. 

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

:lmao: . You're just conveniently ignoring that we've had an offense ranked in the triple digits 2 years in a row with Taggart. If there was history like with Leavitt's teams where the offense never really struggled to score some points then no one should be worried. However, it is the COMPLETE opposite under Taggart.

LOL! We had some terrible offenses under CJL for sure. Anyone remember Ronnie B or Pat J?? The difference is the D was always solid under Wally.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  2,409
  • Days Won:  22

Offensive line is what's going to hold us back.

We could finish this season as a 3-9 or 4-8 type team if our offensive line plays how they have been, but if they improve just enough to give Flowers and the backfield time to work I believe we could be a solid 8 or 9 win team contending for a conference title.