• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Women's Basketball Attendance

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

Should be a 30 pint victory.

Only USF men's basketball and football are involved in 30 pint victories...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Should be a 30 pint victory.

Point

You had it right the first time! :guinness:

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

One really cool thing about watching Bulls WBB is watching Weber. She is so raw and gangly, with so much potential, and when it shines through, you just know she's going to be something special if she can stay healthy.

Once her coordination catches up to her growth spurt, I think she might even learn to dunk, but regardless, with her size and mean streak, she's going to be a powerful force under the bucket.

And the ladies really are more disciplined than the men - they're team players first.

Better chance that Courtney at 5'10" dunks before Weber.  Love to watch Kate play but no lift off the floor.  She is raw still and hopefully will improve catching passes and securing rebounds.  Doing a better job of the latter recently.  But I like the way she can use both hands to shoot when under the basket.

She made a couple of free throws in a row in the last home game, which went in very clean. For some reason, I hold my breath when she is at the line. LOL

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

I can't get into Womens basketball. It's so boring.

How many USF WBB games have you watched in person in the last 2 years? I would bet that I've jumped to my feet after a great play more at the WBB than the MBB games the past 2 years.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't know how anyone can watch Courtney Williams play and say she is boring. At this point she is probably the best basketball player on either the Men's or Ladies teams. She is definitely the most exciting player on either team. She may also be the best athlete on either roster.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I don't know how anyone can watch Courtney Williams play and say she is boring. At this point she is probably the best basketball player on either the Men's or Ladies teams. She is definitely the most exciting player on either team. She may also be the best athlete on either roster.

She really is a phenom.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Shock the world Monday night.

Your lips to god's ears!

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

BAUSFKID... I love your enthusiasm for women's hoops (and your disdain for soccer - soccer is lame-O with a CAPITAL O), but I could easily find 10 intramural basketball players at USF that would commence a beat down on the court of our ladies. I say this with confidence. While I was in the Navy living in Groton, CT, I dated a girl that was the Rhode Island Gatorade player of the year for two consecutive years. She also was named to the Nike All American team her senior year of high school, averaging 32 points and 13 rebounds a game. She was playing alongside Kate Starbird at Stanford when we met during the summer of 1997. Our first date was in a basketball gym playing one-on-one in Providence. I've never played on an organized team, but she still struggled when we played (we never finished the game as I broke my finger pinning a shot of hers against the back board). She is as good as Courtney Williams, if not better. However, we would need 10 Courtney Williams' to even stand a chance against 10 intramural basketball players at USF - and I still don't think they beat the 10 best intramural players on campus. Granted, there are plenty of random guys that could get beat down by our women's team, but I could find 10 guys that could run UConn's women's team among the able bodies that attend USF. I had a good friend at USF that didn't play Div I hoops after starring in high school in three sports - he ended playing Div I baseball at Monmouth as he was a 6'5" lefty. He eventually transferred to USF. He could have played hoops at USF with the team that featured BB Waldon and Altron Jackson - he was that good. Heck, he could have played football. He was an absolute stud athlete. There are individuals like him all over campus. A lot of the board members probably know him - his name was Ryan Neylan. There are at least 10 Ryan Neylan's among our 50,000 student body. Just my take on the physical differences between men and women.

By the way, it was nice watching our women beat down UCF. I really did want them to break 100 though. 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,352
  • Days Won:  43

BAUSFKID... I love your enthusiasm for women's hoops (and your disdain for soccer - soccer is lame-O with a CAPITAL O), but I could easily find 10 intramural basketball players at USF that would commence a beat down on the court of our ladies. I say this with confidence. While I was in the Navy living in Groton, CT, I dated a girl that was the Rhode Island Gatorade player of the year for two consecutive years. She also was named to the Nike All American team her senior year of high school, averaging 32 points and 13 rebounds a game. She was playing alongside Kate Starbird at Stanford when we met during the summer of 1997. Our first date was in a basketball gym playing one-on-one in Providence. I've never played on an organized team, but she still struggled when we played (we never finished the game as I broke my finger pinning a shot of hers against the back board). She is as good as Courtney Williams, if not better. However, we would need 10 Courtney Williams' to even stand a chance against 10 intramural basketball players at USF - and I still don't think they beat the 10 best intramural players on campus. Granted, there are plenty of random guys that could get beat down by our women's team, but I could find 10 guys that could run UConn's women's team among the able bodies that attend USF. I had a good friend at USF that didn't play Div I hoops after starring in high school in three sports - he ended playing Div I baseball at Monmouth as he was a 6'5" lefty. He eventually transferred to USF. He could have played hoops at USF with the team that featured BB Waldon and Altron Jackson - he was that good. Heck, he could have played football. He was an absolute stud athlete. There are individuals like him all over campus. A lot of the board members probably know him - his name was Ryan Neylan. There are at least 10 Ryan Neylan's among our 50,000 student body. Just my take on the physical differences between men and women.

By the way, it was nice watching our women beat down UCF. I really did want them to break 100 though. 

You got to make it to the USF game in Tampa when they play in the Final Four. Not sure if we will be playing against UConn or South Carolina in that Semi final match, but the atmosphere will be great! USF fans will be celebrating at Hablo Taco taking tons of tequilla shots! Heck! Get the checks dancing on the bar and do some body shots. Will be a wild event for USF fans. Hyped up! 

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

We'll be there, if for no other reason, than to honor Tamara Taylor and Ivana Vuletic. 

But shocking the world would be nice.

Edited by swamprat