• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

"Leavitt back in college, while player he struck is struggling."

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

The OP's link doesn't seem to be working for me. It could be my firewall. Is anyone else having issues accessing the article?

it didn't work for me either,

edit. posted a link, but that one didn't seem to work either. just google it. That's what I had to do.

Edited by 2000bull

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Sounds like a whiny entitled kid to me....  The job market is tough for all young people and I highly doubt most people would tell him they were going in a different direction because of his background....

They probably did go a different direction because of his background but it is his run ins with the law not because of CJL.

QFT. It's all he has left to blame it on, since taking responsibility would mean the fault is his own...and that would be too big a hit for his already-low self-esteem.

On this track, in 10-15 years he'll be the drunk at the bar crying in his beer over how unfair life is.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Gotta love this quote:

"I think it's terrible," said Joel's father Paul when he heard of Leavitt's hiring. "He doesn't belong with any kids."

So says the purse snatching ex-cop who doesn't belong close to anyones valuables.  Hopefully, Paul, Joel and Colby find themselves in the same gutter fighting over wet garbage.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

BS article

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I wonder if that reckless driving conviction was a pleaded down DUI....

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

During the interview, Joel started crying...  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,615
  • Days Won:  424

Gotta love this quote:

"I think it's terrible," said Joel's father Paul when he heard of Leavitt's hiring. "He doesn't belong with any kids."

So says the purse snatching ex-cop who doesn't belong close to anyones valuables.  Hopefully, Paul, Joel and Colby find themselves in the same gutter fighting over wet garbage.

Liked this quote, too:

In the school's investigation, Leavitt is famously quoted as allegedly telling Miller, "Choose your words wisely. I'm the most powerful person in the building."

He acknowledges that blatant lie with "allegedly" but "allegedly" doesn't appear in the article title before "struck" ...

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I severely doubt job interviewers are prodding Joel about his personal past issues during college athletics. This isn't a whistleblower situation that would really draw anyones cares about their business beyond the fact they want to hear the story themselves or are linked to USF as a fan or alumni and just wanna know...shouldn't be brought up in a job interview, and I'd love to call him out on that even happening. It's not like Miller ended up with financial benefit or anything from this.

If he were smart, he'd just pass on that question and roll out some "that's in the past, I'm interviewing because I'm focused on the future" line. If people actually ARE asking him this crap in job interviews, he's probably playing the victim card and being a whiny sourgrapes about it and potential employers are balking at his attitude and quick trigger to draw the sympathy card.

And maybe it is just the simple fact that he's 26 and inexperienced out of college and has a degree that a million other people do.

His dad is a real piece of work too, solid quote grab there, Dennis Dodd.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

Dennis Dodd must've inherited all of BMM's Outlook reminders to "follow up 5 years later" on the original story...ah, the followup "where are they now" article...that's like the FCS of journalism.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  14

Maybe he can be an intern on Deumig's show.

• Upvote 2