• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4-2-5 personnel problems

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Bayes looks like he could be the LB/S hybrid

I can't wait to see Bayes play. We also have Vincent Jackson Jr. who took a RS with Bayes last year which should be a nice addition to the DLine. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

Move one to QB.

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899

I don't see Sanchez or Whitehurst winning that second spot. My money is on Black - got consistent playing time toward the end of the year and ended up starting final game of season.

That was my feeling, I think we'll see Harris and Black as the two primary linebackers, then maybe Bayes as a flex/hybrid type on the field as well

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  390
  • Days Won:  0

Move one to QB.

Move a DE to QB. 6'5 265 dual threat

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Looking at the big picture, this move does not inspire confidence.   I do like the DC from what I know it seems like a good choice.  I'm not so sure it is a great idea in Florida were linebackers tend to grow on trees.  Seems like a linebacker-centric defense is the way to go.

Bigger picture, this simply sheds more light on the Taggart thought process.  Now we have a changing offensive philosophy and a changing defensive philosophy.  Kinda makes one wonder if he has a good grasp on what it is he wants.  By all accounts he forced Breshnahan into running a 3-4 defense last year all year when Bresh wanted to incorporate more 4-3 concepts.  Now he's doing a 180 and hired a DC that will install a 4-2-5.  

Maybe Taggart has owned up to making mistakes and is trying to correct them, on both sides of the ball.  Or maybe he has no idea what he's doing and he's grasping at straws.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222

Defensive backs grow on trees in fl. And its not the x and o its the Jim's and joes. Last year we didn't have the beast lb like what v jax will become to run a 3-4. No pass rush at all plus offenses were getting rid of the ball quickly against us and we never changed. Plus teams play it safe against us because our offense is so terrible. I really think we need to fix the offense before the nuances of personel groupings on defense have any affect.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Looking at the big picture, this move does not inspire confidence.   I do like the DC from what I know it seems like a good choice.  I'm not so sure it is a great idea in Florida were linebackers tend to grow on trees.  Seems like a linebacker-centric defense is the way to go.

Bigger picture, this simply sheds more light on the Taggart thought process.  Now we have a changing offensive philosophy and a changing defensive philosophy.  Kinda makes one wonder if he has a good grasp on what it is he wants.  By all accounts he forced Breshnahan into running a 3-4 defense last year all year when Bresh wanted to incorporate more 4-3 concepts.  Now he's doing a 180 and hired a DC that will install a 4-2-5.  

Maybe Taggart has owned up to making mistakes and is trying to correct them, on both sides of the ball.  Or maybe he has no idea what he's doing and he's grasping at straws.

He forced Breezy into a 3-4? I don't believe that at all. If anything personnel forced his decision.

As far as linebackers and DB's growing on trees in FL, that's very true. We get a lot of tweener guys that could fill that 5th "DB" pretty easily. Any of our OLB's fit the bill pratically. I don't think you'll see this situation of 220 lb talented guys sitting on the pine because they need a 5th 180 lb CB out there. This isn't a nickelback we're talking about.

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Nickelback sucks.