• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football 2015.....SPREAD OFFENSE???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

HARLAN has spoken loudly!!

I dunno, I doubt the AD told the HC what offensive scheme he had to adopt. If you're saying Tags was assured he wasn't going to get 3 more years to build if the product keeps looking like this, then maybe I agree Harlan helped him to see he needed to adapt to what he already has. But I think any change in the scheme is still CWT's decision, not Harlan's. Just my 2 cents, though, who knows?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

^^^^ agreed; that's why I started the "why I have faith" thread. My interaction with him has shown me he's the right man for the job...

I support the guy

So does his jockstrap. Doesn't mean anything yet...

McKayla wants to see more!

All you do is want more, more, more

I'm taking the kids and going to mothers

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831
  • Days Won:  0

Please no on Kinnan. Go get a guy who has been coaching in college football. I figure what's most important is a good offensive mind, but the guy hasn't coached a down of football in college.

You should check your facts before posting about Joe's resume. Just sayin

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

There is no way Willie is going away from the power O on his own.  He would take the Power O offense to his grave if he had to.

This is influenced by upper management.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  831

I mentioned it a while back about Kinnan coming to USF. Don't foget that he was almost the first coach there.

He is an offensive genius and if anyone had any idea how valuable he could be to the program, they may have think twice about this one. You're going to get a guy at a great value and leave you with some good money to bring in a much better DC than Bres was.

As a head coach, you have to trust the OC and I think that CWT will have that trust in Joe and know that he can manage the game offensively and leave the overall sight of the game to Taggs.

I laugh at all the members on here that we excited about CWT coming here and two years in want him fired too!

Let's be honest, it's going to be very hard to attract a "hot" upcoming coach to this program having to compete against the three big ones here.

Joe and CWT can make the spread work here and we have the kids that can run it. Don't be surprised if you see Coach Weiner from Plant come along as well.

Joe didn't take the job last year because he felt Manatee had a great chance at winning another State Title and didn't expect Superintendent Mills to come after him personally.

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386

I mentioned it a while back about Kinnan coming to USF. Don't foget that he was almost the first coach there.

He is an offensive genius and if anyone had any idea how valuable he could be to the program, they may have think twice about this one. You're going to get a guy at a great value and leave you with some good money to bring in a much better DC than Bres was.

As a head coach, you have to trust the OC and I think that CWT will have that trust in Joe and know that he can manage the game offensively and leave the overall sight of the game to Taggs.

I laugh at all the members on here that we excited about CWT coming here and two years in want him fired too!

Let's be honest, it's going to be very hard to attract a "hot" upcoming coach to this program having to compete against the three big ones here.

Joe and CWT can make the spread work here and we have the kids that can run it. Don't be surprised if you see Coach Weiner from Plant come along as well.

Joe didn't take the job last year because he felt Manatee had a great chance at winning another State Title and didn't expect Superintendent Mills to come after him personally.

Kinnan was covering up for his assistant having inappropriate contact with teen age girls.

I don't want him around the program. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I guess I'm the bad guy who isn't terribly excited about a staff with one guy 2 years removed from high school coaching, then throwing Kinnan and Weiner into the mix. All of those guys are great, but the high school game is not the college game, even if it's the AAC.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'll reserve judgement on HS to college coaches; worked out well for Ole Miss and Auburn

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803

Kinnan would be awesome. Guy can coach and would bring in the bay area talent. Let's build that fence.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

Please no on Kinnan. Go get a guy who has been coaching in college football. I figure what's most important is a good offensive mind, but the guy hasn't coached a down of football in college.

You should check your facts before posting about Joe's resume. Just sayin

The one article I read only talked about him in regards to High school coaching. It didn't mention he coached at Eastern Kentucky back in 1979. So it's only been 35 years since he coached in college. I Really know nothing about the man, but just seems to be shooting low.