• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Football 2015.....SPREAD OFFENSE???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

This thread fascinates me.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

So now what in regards to all those players we've been recruiting for the CWT sleeper hold offense? Do they jump ship? Do we now try and shove them into the spread offense like we tried to shove our previous personnel into the CWT system?

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

So now what in regards to all those players we've been recruiting for the CWT sleeper hold offense? Do they jump ship? Do we now try and shove them into the spread offense like we tried to shove our previous personnel into the CWT system?

At least CWT will have 2 more years to say his guys are still learning the system.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We have no choice  but to use what we have on offense.  The biggest problem will be on the OL where we now lack guys that have the mobility for a spread system....

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,684
  • Days Won:  8

I was thinking about this too...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Seems like he got the best talent he could, not necessarily giant power guys like he wanted. His roster may be a lot more spread ready than we think, especially with all the florida speed and talent there.

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993

lot easier to go to the spread. Provided you have a QB that can run or be accurate. Regardless of scheme this position remains key.

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

If Kinnan gets the oc job I'll blow a gasket. He will be a taggart pawn.

Calvin Magee would be an absolute steal but I have him pegged as our next HC if willie falls on his face in 2015

• Content Count:  4,663

If Kinnan gets the oc job I'll blow a gasket. He will be a taggart pawn.

Calvin Magee would be an absolute steal but I have him pegged as our next HC if willie falls on his face in 2015

Magee should have been next in after Leavitt went. Guy really wants to be here...well he used to anyway

That being said...I wonder when we will hear candidates. And will CWT be choosing them??

Edited by Hem

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

We have no choice  but to use what we have on offense.  The biggest problem will be on the OL where we now lack guys that have the mobility for a spread system....

I don't think you realize how athletic and mobile a west coast offensive lineman needs to be.  If Taggart(Big IF) was recruiting these types of players then running spread will be piece of cake for them.  I don't think we will be completely giving up a power run offense entirely.  We need to use the power run to ice our opponents after we get a lead, as long as it's effective.  What we need right now is an expert play caller/spread coach and lots of QB's to pick from.