• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I said Chuck B was out tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Chuck B should be one of the last people in lie to be fired

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

The defense was pretty much all freshmen and sophomores this season minus, Cliett, Watson, and Chandler.  We got gutted in the front seven so bad due to graduation that we had to switch to the 3-4 due to the lack of capable bodies on the DL.  Anyone not expecting significant regression on D this season is clueless....

Unless we get some guys to REALLY step it up next year, we may see further regression.

Need some playmakers to make themselves known.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

I actually saw a 4-3 look today at the game(not sure what personel was out there).  Hope we start mixing that back in next year.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The defense was pretty much all freshmen and sophomores this season minus, Cliett, Watson, and Chandler.  We got gutted in the front seven so bad due to graduation that we had to switch to the 3-4 due to the lack of capable bodies on the DL.  Anyone not expecting significant regression on D this season is clueless....

Unless we get some guys to REALLY step it up next year, we may see further regression.

Need some playmakers to make themselves known.

I think we see a big step forward for the secondary next year.  This bunch reminds of when Jenkins, Williams, Allen, Murphy, ect were young.  You can see the athletic ability but most of their mistakes are the mental errors that come with inexperience and maybe not being just quite big enough and strong enough yet.  As far as LB we need someone to step up and take one of the inside backer jobs from Sanchez, hes like Lanaris all over again (takes bad angles, cant get off blocks, just a step too slow).  Harris is a stud and i think will continue to improve and be a big time play maker for us next seaon.  On the outside Black has flashed some ability at times this season and will be another year bigger and stronger.  The other outside spot will be there for the taking with Cliett graduating and hopefully someone from Jackson, Bayes, etc steps up and takes it.  Upfront I don't quiet know how to evaluate us yet (3-4 or 4-3) but Calloway and senate have flashed the ability to be nasty up front this season.  I really like the athleticism I see out of the defense as a whole and it's athletically starting to look like the CJL days again.  Hopefully another off season of putting some more good weight on everyone will up the physicality to match the athleticism.  I've very optimistic about the defense next season.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Defense was so-so

Offense was offensive. Atrociously so

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Coach B saw that he didn't have the personnel this year so he tried to adjust his system to the players that he had. It's way his coaches do, Taggart should take note.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This offense is just not going to work here without an Andrew Luck type to run it and some big nasties up front

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Chuck B should be one of the last people in lie to be fired

I don't want him fired, but his philosophy this year was absolutely miserable. We sat in a soft zone basically the entire game today, just as we did for the whole season. For the love of god, play some man to man, bump and run coverage. We have athletes out there. There was one play a 3rd and 7 that I did not watch the entire field, I watched our CB was about 6 yards off the WR. The WR ran about a 6 yard slant. There was nothing there to make his route a little bit more difficult, or to throw off some timing, the QB looked for him the whole way and 9 yard gain no problem. Make them work for it! If they beat you off bump and run coverage, fine I'll live with that. At least we're trying to make things difficult on the opposing offense rather than just sitting back and letting them throw wherever the heck they want.

We're young, but this 3-4 scheme change so far has been a complete failure. We do have Bayes and Jackson Jr on that side of the ball next season coming off their red shirts (Although no one knows what type of players they will be or how much of an impact they'll make), but at the same time lose Chandler, Watson, Dunkley, Cliett, and Swain. 

I won't be upset if they keep him around, but he's gotta figure out a better way to put these kids in positions to make plays or make it harder on the opposing offenses.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This offense is just not going to work here without an Andrew Luck type to run it and some big nasties up front

What he said