• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If I said Chuck B was out tomorrow

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

If he promises to switch to a 4-3, he can stay. At any rate, he isnt coaching this failed abortion we have to call an offense. Putrid would be an improvement. 

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,431
  • Days Won:  3

If Harlan is 100% behind Taggart then let him keep the whole staff one more year at least for recruiting purposes.

At this point, we can do nothing but wait and see how next year plays out.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

If Harlan is 100% behind Taggart then let him keep the whole staff one more year at least for recruiting purposes.

Yeah, I imagine that not too many quality assistants would want to sign on to coach with a potentially lame duck coach.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

It's a start. Last year at ucf I believe we had all freshman and sophmores in secondary...a year later they look worse.

Last year our front seven was loaded with upper classmen. Huge turnover this year on defense.

And yet...

The defense yesterday not only held UCF to 16 points but also gave the offense multiple chances to score deep in UCF territory and we came up with zeroes.

It is blatantly obvious where the coaching issues lie.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, I imagine that not too many quality assistants would want to sign on to coach with a potentially lame duck coach.  

Unless he promised the assistant he'd be the next head coach if the offense improves...

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Unless he promised the assistant he'd be the next head coach if the offense improves...

Why delude your talent pool looking for coaches that would be willing to be a "coach in waiting"?  I would imagine most up and coming assistants wouldn't want to leave a good spot for that kind of situation.  If they're good enough why come into that kind of situation when they could just as easily get a HC job straight out somewhere else.  

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Why delude your talent pool looking for coaches that would be willing to be a "coach in waiting"?  I would imagine most up and coming assistants wouldn't want to leave a good spot for that kind of situation.  If they're good enough why come into that kind of situation when they could just as easily get a HC job straight out somewhere else.  

I'm just reaching. Trying to find a way - any way - to get Taggs out of the offense.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Coach B saw that he didn't have the personnel this year so he tried to adjust his system to the players that he had. It's way his coaches do, Taggart should take note.

That's fine to make the scheme change based on personnel, but we were way too passive. A 3-4 predicates itself on multiple blitz options and we rarely did that during the season. We did that more in the 2nd half yesterday and it was working.

It just felt like Chuck didn't trust his players enough.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

It's a start. Last year at ucf I believe we had all freshman and sophmores in secondary...a year later they look worse.

Last year our front seven was loaded with upper classmen. Huge turnover this year on defense.

And yet...

The defense yesterday not only held UCF to 16 points but also gave the offense multiple chances to score deep in UCF territory and we came up with zeroes.

It is blatantly obvious where the coaching issues lie.

They held UCF to 14 points.

7 came after the late hit penalty on Abraham that would have forced a 4th down.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,356
  • Days Won:  43

Not worried about the defense. It is the offense and special teams that I am worried about. Also, the blocking needs to get better. The WRs need to catch better. There are tons to get corrected.