• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Mike White good enough to be the QB in 2015?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Ckparrot, you sound like you know what you're talking about. I'm impressed. That is all.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

2015? Possibly. Dependent upon these two/three things:

1. Quinton Flowers improvement (even if he improves slightly, he will unseat White)

2. Brett Kean's ability (if he comes in and is a lights out QB and learns the playbook(not likely but it can happen), Kean will unseat them both.

edit:

3. Coach T brings in a JUCO QB who takes over. It looks like he's after Demarcus Smith from Butler CC

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/203918/damarcus-smith

Was a 4 star QB who had originally committed to UCF in 2011:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ucf/football/recruiting/player-DaMarcus-Smith-94229

Highly doubt this.  Flowers passing skills are waaay behind White's.  He's more athletic, that's it. 

If only we could merge them....

tumblr_m19ps4qo6C1qedb29o1_500.gif

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

You have to remember White only played qb 1 yr in high school, and what, half a year last year. He is improving.

Go Bulls!

Please stop repeating this. He started for one year on varsity. He has junior year stats and is on the school JV roster the other two years.

Yeah, I looked at his stats. He did play his jr year. mop up duty with 11 pass attempts for the year. About half of what Flowers has for us this year.

game 1 - 6 attempts

game 3 - 1 attempt

game 4 - 1 attempt

game 9 - 3 attempts

He was on the team but for game experience he basically played one year at QB on varsity. I don't know about jv.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

You have to remember White only played qb 1 yr in high school, and what, half a year last year. He is improving.

Go Bulls!

Please stop repeating this. He started for one year on varsity. He has junior year stats and is on the school JV roster the other two years.
Yeah, I looked at his stats. He did play his jr year. mop up duty with 11 pass attempts for the year. About half of what Flowers has for us this year.

game 1 - 6 attempts

game 3 - 1 attempt

game 4 - 1 attempt

game 9 - 3 attempts

He was on the team but for game experience he basically played one year at QB on varsity. I don't know about jv.

Go Bulls!

There's a huge difference between not being good enough to start on varsity before your senior year and going from never having played football to starting on varsity. Somewhere along the line, that has become the story on White and a reason why he has so much room for improvement. I'm not saying he won't improve, but if you're thinking it's going to be some meteoric leap because he's just finishing his third year of organized football, you're going to be disappointed.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Did not know that White played JV ball, always thought he decided to give football a shot his senior year and immediately became the starter. Welp, ya learn something new everyday. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Did not know that White played JV ball, always thought he decided to give football a shot his senior year and immediately became the starter. Welp, ya learn something new everyday. 

not sure if srs, major sarcasm detection probable...

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Seems at USF QBs need to overcome obstacles created by the coaching staff to get better.  Never know who is starting or for how long or how many drives. I imagine that poses serious physical and mental issues for the QBs. I can't recall ever watching a team do this going back to around 1970.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

No...I was srs. I didn't know he played JV Ball. I know pitchers can make great QBs, just thought the kid was a natural...:-/

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

No...I was srs. I didn't know he played JV Ball. I know pitchers can make great QBs, just thought the kid was a natural...:-/

Oh, he's a natural alright....

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need drastic improvement from our quarterbacks.