• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

As the sun slowly sets on our season, Vegas says

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I loved the passion and excitement I saw on the sideline after the final drive against SMU. That is the type of finish that can galvanize the locker room. Look for much more effort out there against Memphis as the team embraces White as the leader and rallies behind him. I'm not saying that we will win, but I expect that a lot of those dropped passes from earlier in the year don't occur on Saturday. Keeping the faith that we can run two upsets and get some much needed bowl preparation practices! 

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  399
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly there are absolute zero reasons to even think that USF might win another game.

Because we play them. We played Maryland, Wisconsin, and ECU tough. Memphis is not better than Wisconsin and UCF is not better than any of them. If we come out with heart (I know, big if), we have a chance.

The only reason we hung with Maryland and ecu and wisky for one half of football was because of the defense. We cannot score to keep up with the good teams unless white and this offense turn a corner, which is doubtful.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

Sadly there are absolute zero reasons to even think that USF might win another game.

Because we play them. We played Maryland, Wisconsin, and ECU tough. Memphis is not better than Wisconsin and UCF is not better than any of them. If we come out with heart (I know, big if), we have a chance.

The only reason we hung with Maryland and ecu and wisky for one half of football was because of the defense. We cannot score to keep up with the good teams unless white and this offense turn a corner, which is doubtful.

OK? And ECU/Wisky are better offenses than Memphis/UCF.

I mean we held the single game rushing record holder to essentially nothing in the first half.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

ouch...19 points? 

At least we will beat them in basketball this year! 

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  1,633
  • Days Won:  3

+1

If White plays, and is decent, I think we cover. But a win, on the road, with UCF 6 days away, I think it is quite unlikely.  But...these kids now see a bowl as possible, so maybe they can pull it off.  Stranger things have happened in our 17+ years.

What do you mean when you say now they have a bowl possibility?  A bowl has been a possibility since the season began.  It has only been less and less possible with each loss.  The possibility of a bowl has not been shown to be a motivator for this team so far.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If White isn't the starter for the rest of the season (all 2 games of it) I will be baffled. It amazes me how a former All-American QB cannot properly evaluate QB talent on the team. 

White may not be our future answer at QB, but he is the best option we have right now. 

We do not stand a chance if White isn't behind center (that -19.5 will be a reality)...as long as he has one of his good games. 

My only guess was that he promised Quinton playing time this year, and is keeping his word to keep him from transferring out. SMU was the safest option to let Quinton get out there and play and still be able to come out with a win. It was painfully obvious that Quinton does not have command of the playbook, though the kid played his heart out and showed some bright spots and raw talent out there. He may very well be our future star if he can get his throws dialed in and learn the entire playbook. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

If White isn't the starter for the rest of the season (all 2 games of it) I will be baffled. It amazes me how a former All-American QB cannot properly evaluate QB talent on the team. 

White may not be our future answer at QB, but he is the best option we have right now. 

We do not stand a chance if White isn't behind center (that -19.5 will be a reality)...as long as he has one of his good games. 

My only guess was that he promised Quinton playing time this year, and is keeping his word to keep him from transferring out. SMU was the safest option to let Quinton get out there and play and still be able to come out with a win. It was painfully obvious that Quinton does not have command of the playbook, though the kid played his heart out and showed some bright spots and raw talent out there. He may very well be our future star if he can get his throws dialed in and learn the entire playbook. 

I guess his promises are more sacred that his word. I remember when he said MW was his qb, and he was, until he wasn't, then he was again, then he had a promise to fulfill, so he wasn't, then he was again...

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Promises to a possible program changing player will rank higher than to a PSU last minute transfer who wasn't going to play there and a QB that only had 2 offers coming out of HS. White and Bench are band-aids right now for the QB position. I like them both, they both seem like really nice kids, but they are not the future of this program. 

It is what it is. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

I guess his promises are more sacred that his word. I remember when he said MW was his qb, and he was, until he wasn't, then he was again, then he had a promise to fulfill, so he wasn't, then he was again.........BDYZR. you win the prize you finally get it!!!!

• Topic Count:  9,895
  • Content Count:  66,073
  • Days Won:  172

Promises to a possible program changing player will rank higher than to a PSU last minute transfer who wasn't going to play there and a QB that only had 2 offers coming out of HS. White and Bench are band-aids right now for the QB position. I like them both, they both seem like really nice kids, but they are not the future of this program. 

It is what it is. 

i knew this last year and the beginning of this year and i am 3000 miles away