• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where Were The Students?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

Would you have given them the free pass in 2009 also? 

Free pass?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Free pass?

Would you not have blamed USF students for going to the UF-UGA game or a big name game in Tally rather than a USF home game in 2009? 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

They quit!  The instant gratification generation quit.  Go figure.

4 years of this nonsense and you want to call it "wanting instant gratification", really? Instant gratification is really just wanting your team to be competitive and play football that is enjoyable to watch. That is so **** tough to accomplish, isn't it?

Nothing about Taggart Ball is enjoyable unless you're a friggin sadist.  I'd rather watch videos of ISIS beheadings and Ebola patients leaking fluids from their orifices than watch anymore of this Taggart Ball.  Dullard should have just written another extension for Kragholtz, I guarantee you we would have a much better record with less regarded players.  Sorry, but Taggart could not motivate a fat kid to eat cake.  

If you can't recognize ugly and unwatchable, then you need much more help than I can offer.  Good luck, hopefully you'll be able to recognize good football when it shows up but it won't be with Taggart at the helm, so you'll have to take your cheerleading on the road.  

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I know about 20 students who went to the Florida-Georgia Game on Saturday.  I know no one who went to the USF-Houston game.

Those students should be ashamed. (choosing to attend another instate game over attending and rooting for their own school)     (Personal feeling here).     They are most likely never going  to  be USF fans.  (mind boggling to me)  Cant be because they thought UF would win, Even Their die hard fans are calling for Muschamp's head because UF has been stinking it up  and no one thought they would win.

Question to them, Why didn't they choose to attend UF instead of USF?

For most of them I think it was money and proximity to home.  Some came for the medical program. 

As for attending the UF game instead of the USF game, can you really blame them?  We had a meltdown last week and we didn't even know our starting QB going into this one.  At least at the UF-Georgia game they can get in some quality tailgate and watch one good team play (even if they didn't expect it to be their team, it turned out to be in their favor).  They feel that they can't get behind a team that blows winnable games on a consistent basis. Florida has history on its side in their minds.

Yes I can blame them. :)     These are prob the same students who use the OCS argument for not attending games or the Win loss records or the temp, or game time or the drive to the stadium ect...   Its all Lame.    

You go to YOUR School's game and root for your school because its YOUR school, You go to your schools game to root for your classmates and friends,  (its about pride)  (show up regardless of the record and opponent) , You go to your schools game to be with like minded individuals other USF fans, alumni and students, friends ect....     You don't sell out and pick another instate school.   Its about loyalty and being involved within your university.    Just my two cents.     (not attacking you here btw or anyone in particular) only responding to the post.

I can respect that.  I understand your reasoning and clearly you are a diehard fan, all the more power to ya. 

Now picture this:  You came to USF within the last 4 years (starting 2011-This year).  You have heard stories of a once-interesting football program and you show the average mild interest in going to a game, but you were raised rooting for those Seminoles or Gators.  You go to all the Bulls games and you watch the Bulls on TV to show support in your first year.  We don't have a winning record at home.  We don't have a winning record at all. Suddenly ole FSU and UF look a lot better and more worth your time.  Watching your team get spanked on national TV is embarrassing.  Watching them get spanked at home is even worse.  As a student I see the fans from the area drop out all the time with all those empty seats.  I'm not impressed by the atmosphere.  The product sucks.  The average student checks out fast and goes right back to rooting for that childhood team.

We don't connect to the athletes.  We feel embittered towards some of them for using our fees to pay for their education and then blowing chunks on the field.  We turn in to casual and conditional fans.  Win enough games and give us the right weather and we show up.  Play with some energy and some intensity and we show up more.  Drop a big winnable game and we become disgruntled.  Almost lose to an FCS team and we are demoralized.  Get blown out and the fun stops. 

I show up to games.  But I don't really enjoy it that much right now.  Not when we have games like the Houston game or the NC State game.  I got my hopes up against Maryland and ECU but man was I disappointed.  I came in in 2012.  Went to every game because I was working with the band (that's a whole other story).  We were 2-4 at home and 3-9 overall.  Last year I missed the Cinci game and that was the only home game we won.  This year I have been to every game and its just been one blunder after another.  I'll show up to the UCF game because it might get interesting with a rivalry.  But if this introduction was your introduction to USF, would you be impressed?  Would you sign up for every heart-breaking moment?  Growing up in NE Ohio and watching all the Cleveland teams it doesn't phase me as much. 

Its a tough time to be a Bulls fan for you Florida natives though.  What with your Superbowls and National titles. :P

I know about 20 students who went to the Florida-Georgia Game on Saturday.  I know no one who went to the USF-Houston game.

Those students should be ashamed. (choosing to attend another instate game over attending and rooting for their own school)     (Personal feeling here).     They are most likely never going  to  be USF fans.  (mind boggling to me)  Cant be because they thought UF would win, Even Their die hard fans are calling for Muschamp's head because UF has been stinking it up  and no one thought they would win.

Question to them, Why didn't they choose to attend UF instead of USF?

For most of them I think it was money and proximity to home.  Some came for the medical program. 

As for attending the UF game instead of the USF game, can you really blame them?  We had a meltdown last week and we didn't even know our starting QB going into this one.  At least at the UF-Georgia game they can get in some quality tailgate and watch one good team play (even if they didn't expect it to be their team, it turned out to be in their favor).  They feel that they can't get behind a team that blows winnable games on a consistent basis. Florida has history on its side in their minds.

Yes I can blame them. :)     These are prob the same students who use the OCS argument for not attending games or the Win loss records or the temp, or game time or the drive to the stadium ect...   Its all Lame.    

You go to YOUR School's game and root for your school because its YOUR school, You go to your schools game to root for your classmates and friends,  (its about pride)  (show up regardless of the record and opponent) , You go to your schools game to be with like minded individuals other USF fans, alumni and students, friends ect....     You don't sell out and pick another instate school.   Its about loyalty and being involved within your university.    Just my two cents.     (not attacking you here btw or anyone in particular) only responding to the post.

I can respect that.  I understand your reasoning and clearly you are a diehard fan, all the more power to ya. 

Now picture this:  You came to USF within the last 4 years (starting 2011-This year).  You have heard stories of a once-interesting football program and you show the average mild interest in going to a game, but you were raised rooting for those Seminoles or Gators.  You go to all the Bulls games and you watch the Bulls on TV to show support in your first year.  We don't have a winning record at home.  We don't have a winning record at all. Suddenly ole FSU and UF look a lot better and more worth your time.  Watching your team get spanked on national TV is embarrassing.  Watching them get spanked at home is even worse.  As a student I see the fans from the area drop out all the time with all those empty seats.  I'm not impressed by the atmosphere.  The product sucks.  The average student checks out fast and goes right back to rooting for that childhood team.

We don't connect to the athletes.  We feel embittered towards some of them for using our fees to pay for their education and then blowing chunks on the field.  We turn in to casual and conditional fans.  Win enough games and give us the right weather and we show up.  Play with some energy and some intensity and we show up more.  Drop a big winnable game and we become disgruntled.  Almost lose to an FCS team and we are demoralized.  Get blown out and the fun stops. 

I show up to games.  But I don't really enjoy it that much right now.  Not when we have games like the Houston game or the NC State game.  I got my hopes up against Maryland and ECU but man was I disappointed.  I came in in 2012.  Went to every game because I was working with the band (that's a whole other story).  We were 2-4 at home and 3-9 overall.  Last year I missed the Cinci game and that was the only home game we won.  This year I have been to every game and its just been one blunder after another.  I'll show up to the UCF game because it might get interesting with a rivalry.  But if this introduction was your introduction to USF, would you be impressed?  Would you sign up for every heart-breaking moment?  Growing up in NE Ohio and watching all the Cleveland teams it doesn't phase me as much. 

Its a tough time to be a Bulls fan for you Florida natives though.  What with your Superbowls and National titles. :P

If that part is true, and indicative of most college students these days, it just shows ****** up college football has become in relationship to the past in that regard ...

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

Free pass?

Would you not have blamed USF students for going to the UF-UGA game or a big name game in Tally rather than a USF home game in 2009? 

Definitely would've questioned why they would want to go somewhere else. Our games where awesome back then.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't Harlan fill the section up several times this year?

The product (team)should be one of the biggest reasons people come. (he has other more pressing issues to deal with Im sure, like coaching decisions, (to fire or not)  conference affiliation,, fixing years of Doug Woolards mess ect..

(I feel for Harlan , he walked into a dumpster fire (USF Athletics).  He needs some time to fix this mess.  

I hope he doesn't become the scapegoat in this mess that Woolard, Skippy and Tags have created. 

Say what you will, but I think he made a good move with Antigua (unproved in college, but understudy to a winner), and he inherited a pretty **** good women's basketball team, as well as an always-relevant men's soccer team. I wouldn't call USF Athletics a dumpster fire. More like, the crown jewel needs polishing. 

e: I completely forgot about softball and golf. So that's at least 4 solid teams we have. I know they're not as big as football, but, its not like the rest of athletics is bad. Plus, Most of our facilities are top notch.

Edited by Breedwell

Free pass?

Definitely would've questioned why they would want to go somewhere else. Our games where awesome back then.

Doesn't matter how "awesome" our games were back then, a UF-UGA or a FSU-ND like game would have been "awesomer" so could you really seriously have blamed any of those students for skipping a USF home game back then ..... Point is, there's no real reason for ever doing something like other than they're not really USF fans ... which is fine but don't make ******** excuses for them

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,688
  • Days Won:  8

I know about 20 students who went to the Florida-Georgia Game on Saturday. I know no one who went to the USF-Houston game.

Those students should be ashamed. (choosing to attend another instate game over attending and rooting for their own school) (Personal feeling here). They are most likely never going to be USF fans. (mind boggling to me) Cant be because they thought UF would win, Even Their die hard fans are calling for Muschamp's head because UF has been stinking it up and no one thought they would win.

Question to them, Why didn't they choose to attend UF instead of USF?

I'm not a student but went to Miami vs UNC on Saturday because a friend invited me and I live relatively close.

Even a losing UF teams is a much better game experience than USF right now. Can't blame them. They had a much better time than students who went to the USF game.

It is sad though that so many students show more pride for schools they never attended. Kind of pathetic really.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's also sad that the University of Alabama Birmingham can field a competitive football team and we can't.