• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where Were The Students?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

1) Tail gating stinks.

2) The drive to the stadium is far and on a dangerous road. No one wants to have a few beers then drive that distance (not like they should anyway). 

3) Why go watch a team that doesn't even try?

4) Everyone is incredibly sick of losing.

5) Our team scores zero touch downs and it is incredibly boring and frustrating to watch. 

6) Parking is 15-20 bucks and getting out is a nightmare. 

Don't forget sports are a form of entertainment, and there is nothing entertaining about spending a lot of money in gas, stadium food, parking, and watching your team lose. 

PS- Tampa is one of the worst sports fan cities in the world. Non-student fans never show up either. 

the school doesnt bus kids to the stadium??????

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091

if i was a student i wouldnt be going to these boring games either

the product has been so bad for so long

THE NEXT COACH NEEDS TO BRING IN AN EXCITING OFFENSE---LOTS OF 3-5 RECEIVER SETS 

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

1) Tail gating stinks.

2) The drive to the stadium is far and on a dangerous road. No one wants to have a few beers then drive that distance (not like they should anyway). 

5) Our team scores zero touch downs and it is incredibly boring and frustrating to watch. 

Don't forget sports are a form of entertainment, and there is nothing entertaining about spending a lot of money in gas, stadium food, parking, and watching your team lose. 

PS- Tampa is one of the worst sports fan cities in the world. Non-student fans never show up either.

They do. Leave pretty early tho. I've not one time taken the bus.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I'll say this about this season: Its not the offensive style.  Its the execution.  We could be running a high octane pass game and we would still drop or miss 50% of the passes.  O-line needs work, Wideouts need to stop dropping balls, QB's need to be more accurate, and while Mack has done a good job he is not suited to carry the run game like this yet.  I think the "Three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" offense can work, but only if you have the tools and the mental discipline to make it work.  We don't have that yet. 

Strong run game is good.  You can control the clock and wear down an opponent.  Keeps that defense fresh.  But you have to be able to air it out a bit too.  And you have to eliminate penalties that push you back on 3rd downs.  Clearly we lack that mental factor this year.  Clearly we lack a QB that can keep us going. 

Fan support is a problem but we have to face the fact that most people come to be entertained.  Watching a team that predictably falls apart after halftime in a close game isn't fun.  Watching a quarterback who fumbles or throws picks every few plays isn't fun.  Watching the penalties rack up isn't fun.  Watching our defense drop into a zone and get picked apart by screen passes isn't fun.  Watching us give up over 200 yards on the ground isn't fun.  Losing isn't fun.  If the fun goes away from the game in a city with plenty of alternatives, we lose the people willing to go.  You lose the fair-weather fans, you lose any chance of getting them hooked on the team and you lose potential future die-hards. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049

1) Tail gating stinks.

Now, THERE's a thought!

Round 'em up with tazers and billy clubs and MAKE them go to the games. Attendance problem solved!!

• Upvote 1

I'll say this about this season: Its not the offensive style.  Its the execution.  We could be running a high octane pass game and we would still drop or miss 50% of the passes.  O-line needs work, Wideouts need to stop dropping balls, QB's need to be more accurate, and while Mack has done a good job he is not suited to carry the run game like this yet.  I think the "Three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust" offense can work, but only if you have the tools and the mental discipline to make it work.  We don't have that yet. 

Strong run game is good.  You can control the clock and wear down an opponent.  Keeps that defense fresh.  But you have to be able to air it out a bit too.  And you have to eliminate penalties that push you back on 3rd downs.  Clearly we lack that mental factor this year.  Clearly we lack a QB that can keep us going. 

Fan support is a problem but we have to face the fact that most people come to be entertained.  Watching a team that predictably falls apart after halftime in a close game isn't fun.  Watching a quarterback who fumbles or throws picks every few plays isn't fun.  Watching the penalties rack up isn't fun.  Watching our defense drop into a zone and get picked apart by screen passes isn't fun.  Watching us give up over 200 yards on the ground isn't fun.  Losing isn't fun.  If the fun goes away from the game in a city with plenty of alternatives, we lose the people willing to go.  You lose the fair-weather fans, you lose any chance of getting them hooked on the team and you lose potential future die-hards. 

Great post. Pretty summed up life, the universe, and everything

/thread

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

Technically it would have to be "3.5 yards and a cloud of dust" to work.  :thumbsup:

3.33333333333 ... 333333334 is close enough

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Maybe the students didn't come because the team sucks and got blown out by Cincy keystone cops style.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

I know about 20 students who went to the Florida-Georgia Game on Saturday.  I know no one who went to the USF-Houston game.

Those students should be ashamed. (choosing to attend another instate game over attending and rooting for their own school)     (Personal feeling here).     They are most likely never going  to  be USF fans.  (mind boggling to me)  Cant be because they thought UF would win, Even Their die hard fans are calling for Muschamp's head because UF has been stinking it up  and no one thought they would win.

Question to them, Why didn't they choose to attend UF instead of USF?

Ugh they couldn't get in... And Georgia/Florida game is one of the craziest tailgates that takes place all year.