• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Where Were The Students?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Would you have given them the free pass in 2009 also? 

Free pass?

Would you not have blamed USF students for going to the UF-UGA game or a big name game in Tally rather than a USF home game in 2009? 

Definitely would've questioned why they would want to go somewhere else. Our games where awesome back then.

Doesn't matter how "awesome" our games were back then, a UF-UGA or a FSU-ND like game would have been "awesomer" so could you really seriously have blamed any of those students for skipping a USF home game back then ..... Point is, there's no real reason for ever doing something like other than they're not really USF fans ... which is fine but don't make ******** excuses for them

I can absolutely blame them!  This is your freaking alma mater!

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This thread delivers! 

null_zpsca46c871.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

i've already told you ucif has been packing there aluminum wok with 12,000+ students each game this season. but I'm sure most here will still disagree even though I have video evidence to prove it. not to mention make up words i've said by replacing "hash" with "bash". if we don't stand in our truth then we are done. this is our truth.

I actually wouldn't mind a pic from their student section. I tailgated there this year with roughly 20 students in the gorup and only about 8 went into the game. A lot of UCF students I know don't go into the stadium and have told me their student turnout isn't very good.

I know about 20 students who went to the Florida-Georgia Game on Saturday.  I know no one who went to the USF-Houston game.

Those students should be ashamed. (choosing to attend another instate game over attending and rooting for their own school)     (Personal feeling here).     They are most likely never going  to  be USF fans.  (mind boggling to me)  Cant be because they thought UF would win, Even Their die hard fans are calling for Muschamp's head because UF has been stinking it up  and no one thought they would win.

Question to them, Why didn't they choose to attend UF instead of USF?

I may get some crap for this, but can you seriously blame any of those students? Sorry, but that Florida-Georgia game was probably 10 times more entertaining, no matter what the outcome. Add in the fact that that is one of the most exciting tailgates to go to, you cannot blame them at all. It's college, kids want to have fun and going to a USF game isn't much fun.

I was lucky enough to get a FSU v. ND ticket this year and got to enjoy some sweet tailgating. Luckily it was during a USF road game so I didn't have to miss a game. But had USF played a home game that day, I probably would have gone to Tally still, and I wouldn't have felt that bad.

This from the last ucif home game. If you pause it at about 12 seconds into it you'll see it packed.

http://vimeo.com/110080009

It's true they had student attendance issues in the past, probably before their Cinderella season, but that seems to have changed.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

i've already told you ucif has been packing there aluminum wok with 12,000+ students each game this season. but I'm sure most here will still disagree even though I have video evidence to prove it. not to mention make up words i've said by replacing "hash" with "bash". if we don't stand in our truth then we are done. this is our truth.

I actually wouldn't mind a pic from their student section. I tailgated there this year with roughly 20 students in the gorup and only about 8 went into the game. A lot of UCF students I know don't go into the stadium and have told me their student turnout isn't very good.

I know about 20 students who went to the Florida-Georgia Game on Saturday.  I know no one who went to the USF-Houston game.

Those students should be ashamed. (choosing to attend another instate game over attending and rooting for their own school)     (Personal feeling here).     They are most likely never going  to  be USF fans.  (mind boggling to me)  Cant be because they thought UF would win, Even Their die hard fans are calling for Muschamp's head because UF has been stinking it up  and no one thought they would win.

I may get some crap for this, but can you seriously blame any of those students? Sorry, but that Florida-Georgia game was probably 10 times more entertaining, no matter what the outcome. Add in the fact that that is one of the most exciting tailgates to go to, you cannot blame them at all. It's college, kids want to have fun and going to a USF game isn't much fun.

I was lucky enough to get a FSU v. ND ticket this year and got to enjoy some sweet tailgating. Luckily it was during a USF road game so I didn't have to miss a game. But had USF played a home game that day, I probably would have gone to Tally still, and I wouldn't have felt that bad.

This from the last ucif home game. If you pause it at about 12 seconds into it you'll see it packed.

It's true they had student attendance issues in the past, probably before their Cinderella season, but that seems to have changed.

I don't believe anyone on this thread is questioning UCF's student attendance following a year they won a BCS bowl ... What's been questioned is your near capacity nonsense for lowly games and that video shows that you're full of ****.

• Content Count:  291

I'm a student and still attend every game but its very very hard to watch this crap. You definitely need a few beers( 8 ) to at least enjoy your time. The tailgates are more fun then the actual football game. Its understandable for my fellow students not to be there when the game is extremely boring and we get demolished on our own field. Our offense is extremely predictable and several students were calling the plays as they lined up. Not to mention even if we make stops on 1st and 2nd  down sure enough we give up a play on 3rd down. Our defense is very very soft in the secondary and the offense is just complete crap. Our team sucks and its very frustrating each week to go and watch this crap.

Taggart is a cool dude but he is a terrible coach. 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  291

I also know a few UCF students (unfortunately) who go to the games and have told me that half of the students leave before the game is over, regardless of the score. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Our students mindset is different, mostly because we are still a young fanbase. I understand wanting to see a winner, but at a lot of schools it's more than just seeing a winner.  It's just something you do on game day.  My time in Columbia, SC was pre Lou Holtz.  USCe sucked and yet the games were packed and the student section was full.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Our students mindset is different, mostly because we are still a young fanbase. I understand wanting to see a winner, but at a lot of schools it's more than just seeing a winner.  It's just something you do on game day.  My time in Columbia, SC was pre Lou Holtz.  USCe sucked and yet the games were packed and the student section was full.

What else is there to do in Columbia, SC? 

The young fanbase is turning more and more into a tired, dead argument.  There is not much fanbase left.  Growth is stagnant at best, negative at worst. 

Perhaps students are more hedonistic now, but that is just something that will need to be taken into account down the road by the USF admins.  We're going to have to see USF make football fun to watch again. 

• Content Count:  146

I don't believe anyone on this thread is questioning UCF's student attendance following a year they won a BCS bowl ... What's been questioned is your near capacity nonsense for lowly games and that video shows that you're full of ****.

Wow! I'm simply answering a request from above "I actually wouldn't mind a pic from their student section."  Which is something you rarely ever do on here outside of complaining like a disgruntled old man. I'd also like to see where you quoted me as saying "bash" before rambling on about it when it was never stated in the first place. As a mod, you should have learned how to read a long time ago before calling someone out without double checking first. Plus the video I provided with the exception of the "left corner" appears to be pretty full. Are you jealous of those ********? Because it seems you are with your ramblings.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Yeah, but what ELSE could you do there? After all, they had no beaches and no Publix back then.