• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Standard Visiting UH Fan Post

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I have to say the beaches around the Tampa Bay area are some of the most beautiful I have seen and i miss them :/

I would suggest all of the following in no particular order: Fort Desoto (St Pete), Anna Maria (Bradenton), Siesta Key (Sarasota), Clearwater Beach, John's Pass/St. Pete Beach.

Also the fishing, kayaking, and mountain biking are great due to the excellent parks and rec depts. You would think MB in FL would be non-existant but in fact it's great!

Second the Ft. Desoto beach. Very nice park and beach.

Is Lido Beach in Sarasota still topless?

Uh, not since the 80s. LOL

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Some good suggestions guys! TacoSon had one of the better Tortas Ive ever had (and Houston has tons of good mexican for comparison). Also the 3 Daughters microbrewery in St Pete had an amazing IPA.

As a follow up does anyone know a good place where todays early CFB games would be on that isnt super far from Raymond James?

Chammps at Int'l Mall is about all I can think of for sports bars in the vicinity.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,040
  • Days Won:  11

Some good suggestions guys! TacoSon had one of the better Tortas Ive ever had (and Houston has tons of good mexican for comparison). Also the 3 Daughters microbrewery in St Pete had an amazing IPA.

As a follow up does anyone know a good place where todays early CFB games would be on that isnt super far from Raymond James?

Chammps at Int'l Mall is about all I can think of for sports bars in the vicinity.

what about the lee roy selmons over there by int'l?

what about the lee roy selmons over there by int'l?

There you go. Those aren't two aren't too far from the stadium.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I have to say the beaches around the Tampa Bay area are some of the most beautiful I have seen and i miss them :/

I would suggest all of the following in no particular order: Fort Desoto (St Pete), Anna Maria (Bradenton), Siesta Key (Sarasota), Clearwater Beach, John's Pass/St. Pete Beach.

Also the fishing, kayaking, and mountain biking are great due to the excellent parks and rec depts. You would think MB in FL would be non-existant but in fact it's great!

I don't believe so, but I still prefer Lido to Siesta Key...not as crowded.

As far as I know Lido is not topless. Lido is nice and you can walk there after great food and shopping at St. Armand's Circle!

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I don't believe so, but I still prefer Lido to Siesta Key...not as crowded.

I was married at a motel on Lido, on the beach. My dad worked at one of the motels on Lido while I was growing up so we spent a lot of time there including living there in the summers/off season. The motel next to the one my dad worked at had wet tee shirt contests. Man, those were the days. North Lido had "European Sun Bathing", topless women and t-back bottoms until gay activity at the public restrooms brought it all under scrutiny in the 80s. They even did a Phil Donahue show on it in the 80s, talking about thong bikinis.

EDIT: Lido was never topless, it was North Lido, a hike up the beach, is where women went topless and both men and women wore thongs/t-backs.

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Hem's new tailgating tent?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,632
  • Days Won:  6

I think Chammps closed about 6 months ago.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Chammps did close. I went there after the NC State blowout to check some late games and it was a sad feeling. There is a cool place near the stadium called Brick something. Brick House maybe? Hot women everywhere and college football on the TVs.

I think it is on Dale Mabry where the 275 overpass is.

Brick House Tavern. Good call.