• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart post-game comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

There is literally nothing he could say that would please everyone.  People put WAYYYYY too much stock into a coach's post-game comments.  

There is literally nothing he could say that SHOULD please anyone. He is paid a tremendous amount of money to lead a football team. His team was unprepared, unfocused, and the effort was pathetic. Our AD should ban him from talking to the media until he can string 3 wins together!

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

3 wins together, is that possible?

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

3 wins together, is that possible?

I am not feeling this will happen

I can say that if my team performed like Taggarts, I wouldn't have a job

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

There's really nothing he can say that will please us. However, at the same time I don't think he has the answers to fix our issues. He didn't have answers last year and he doesn't seem to have answers this year. There are too many teams out there that do way more than expected, do way more than what they should be able to do, for us to just be downright awful for this long. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

That would involve actual coaching and relevant schemes so we will need 4 years of top 25 classes in order for CWT to coach them down to 7-5 and a top 50 ranking.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

White out produces bench on 6 out of 7 days and everyone just wants to focus on the 7th day.

probably because that's when it counts

Hilarious and probably true.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

If you're going to ask for the support of the community, you make it your responsibility to communicate your vision and be accountable for what happens.

So no, I do not think it is too much to get some BASIC insight on a game-by-game basis.

What *specifically* went wrong tonight? Why was our run d so bad? How long til that gets fixed? Why was our run unproductive against the 119th run defense? Will anything change in practice?

If you are asking for peoples time and money, you owe them answers.

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,305
  • Days Won:  10

We did better at Wisconsin

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

There's really nothing he can say that will please us. However, at the same time I don't think he has the answers to fix our issues. He didn't have answers last year and he doesn't seem to have answers this year. There are too many teams out there that do way more than expected, do way more than what they should be able to do, for us to just be downright awful for this long. 

You're right 24.  He doesn't have the answers.  He's a young coach that only knows one system to coach and right now that system is obviously not working on Fowler Ave and he doesn't know what to do.

He has no experience from which to draw from that would allow him to make some changes to get things going.

Power O isn't working which is why he'll keep saying that he needs more players, another recruiting class, blah, blah, blah

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

If you're going to ask for the support of the community, you make it your responsibility to communicate your vision and be accountable for what happens.

So no, I do not think it is too much to get some BASIC insight on a game-by-game basis.

What *specifically* went wrong tonight? Why was our run d so bad? How long til that gets fixed? Why was our run unproductive against the 119th run defense? Will anything change in practice?

If you are asking for peoples time and money, you owe them answers.

Great points. When you are barely putting 10,000 people in the stands and you are telling people it will take time to get back to winning, anyone in administration or coaching staff needs to be selling the program at all times. Not making excuses.