• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie's offensive rankings as a head coach

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

What I still can't get over is how USF hired a Sun Belt coach who never won more than 7 games.

Well...I'm sure a part of that was available funding and presence - or absence thereof - proven commodities who wanted this particular job. Coaches, not unlike teams, are wise to the ways of college football and it would be rare that someone of substance would go from P5 to G5 at this point in time. I think, as fans, we tend to overinflate our perspective of how good USF is (and was). And you know, in the Taggart Project Plan portfolio, going from WKU to USF and ticking the "program turn around" entry of USF, could move him to the next rung on the ladder. 

It's a work in progress. This is the horse we bought, now we gotta ride it. Maybe decades down the road, coaching at USF might be considered a value-added position, but for now...   :FIREdevil:

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

What I still can't get over is how USF hired a Sun Belt coach who never won more than 7 games.

Well...I'm sure a part of that was available funding and presence - or absence thereof - proven commodities who wanted this particular job. Coaches, not unlike teams, are wise to the ways of college football and it would be rare that someone of substance would go from P5 to G5 at this point in time. I think, as fans, we tend to overinflate our perspective of how good USF is (and was). And you know, in the Taggart Project Plan portfolio, going from WKU to USF and ticking the "program turn around" entry of USF, could move him to the next rung on the ladder. 

It's a work in progress. This is the horse we bought, now we gotta ride it. Maybe decades down the road, coaching at USF might be considered a value-added position, but for now...   :FIREdevil:

"This horse" you speak of has come up lame and is ready for the glue factory.  It's time to drop him off at the rendering plant and get us a new pony, don't ya think?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think they should have looked at BCS coordinators at successful programs. Not what's considered the bottom of the FBS.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  2,166
  • Days Won:  1

So, Coach T is a good head coach because he is recruiting well. Perhaps we need an Offensive Cooridator? Let Coach T be the face of the program and go sit in living rooms and convince kids to play here and let someone else design the plays.

Ever since he's come here, I've heard nothing but how complicated his offense is to learn. Why? Does anyone actually know what is complicated about it? Please speak up if you know this. If it is the pre-snap shifts that are complicated, then scrap those because they do nothing anyway.

I agree with your first sentiment. I think we should just hire someone to run the offense and he can oversee the program, to me in college that's how you have to do it now.

As far as the complicated offense, you hear of rookies in the NFL having issues grasping the playbook because in general it's much more complex than what they had in college. He is basically taking these kids from an even more basic playbook that they had in high school and giving them pro level stuff to learn.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

lol werent there threads dedicated to how badly you guys wanted Taggart? I believe he was the top choice of this board. 

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213

Back then, I wanted Mike Shula.  I thought he got a raw deal at Alabama (UA was on PROBATION when he took over), I thought would have decent name recognition in the state and I thought he would come cheap.  Then I liked Butch Davis.

In my opinion Willie gets another year unless UCF puts a humiliating number on us at home and forces the AD's hand.

Shula will maybe get a pro job soon, so he is likely out of the question, but Butch seems available.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

My #1 was Dykes.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

lol werent there threads dedicated to how badly you guys wanted Taggart? I believe he was the top choice of this board.

I don't think so..a few but not a many.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

My #1 was Dykes.

How many times have you said that in life?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

My #1 was Dykes.

How many times have you said that in life?

I'm like :wtf:

Then I get it, and I'm like :roflmao:

:guinness: