• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie's offensive rankings as a head coach

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Since the turnover streak began on 9/29/11 against Pitt we have gone 9-30. Now if we could reverse this record and streak we would be ok

Was that the rain game in Heinz?

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Even if we went to a spread offense we have no great talent at WR and QB.  

This thread is depressing….

Are you telling me the University of Memphis is loaded at WR and QB which is why they've been successful running the spread? (42nd in the nation at 33.7 points per game)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

Unreal. There is too much talent in Florida to not have a top 40 offense. 

As long as we run this power offense we'll never have a top 40 offense. Best case scenario this offense is somewhere in the 50's and that's with a good players all over the offensive side of the ball.

Exactly!  And that's about every 4-5 years.

There is a reason hardly any programs run this system but apparently nobody told Willie

Like I mentioned in another post.....CWT just needs to look in the mirror and listen to himself:

" These spread teams, you're going to give up some yards. They're pretty good for a reason..."

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/defensive-questions-persist-after-cincy-loss/2203730

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Since the turnover streak began on 9/29/11 against Pitt we have gone 9-30. Now if we could reverse this record and streak we would be ok

we are awful

I need to self medicate

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403
  • Days Won:  0

So, Coach T is a good head coach because he is recruiting well.  Perhaps we need an Offensive Cooridator? Let Coach T be the face of the program and go sit in living rooms and convince kids to play here and let someone else design the plays. 

Ever since he's come here, I've heard nothing but how complicated his offense is to learn. Why?  Does anyone actually know what is complicated about it?  Please speak up if you know this.  If it is the pre-snap shifts that are complicated, then scrap those because they do nothing anyway.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,684
  • Days Won:  8

I think it is the blocking schemes that make it complicated.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

So, Coach T is a good head coach because he is recruiting well.  Perhaps we need an Offensive Cooridator? Let Coach T be the face of the program and go sit in living rooms and convince kids to play here and let someone else design the plays. 

Ever since he's come here, I've heard nothing but how complicated his offense is to learn. Why?  Does anyone actually know what is complicated about it?  Please speak up if you know this.  If it is the pre-snap shifts that are complicated, then scrap those because they do nothing anyway.

Offensive football should not be complicated.  We are in a state full of fast athletes.  Run a system that allows athletes to be athletes without over thinking things and we can score some points.

Look around college football on any Saturday, teams at all levels are putting up video game offensive numbers.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

Even if we went to a spread offense we have no great talent at WR and QB.

This thread is depressing….

Are you telling me the University of Memphis is loaded at WR and QB which is why they've been successful running the spread? (42nd in the nation at 33.7 points per game)

I don't know our players are not allowed to shine in this no scoring/boring system Cwt is running.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think it is the blocking schemes that make it complicated.

Pretty sure you're correct, because our run and pass blocking has been atrocious.

It must be lightyears different from everything our o-liners have ever done before.

Which also points to Taggs failure as a coach. While you have to recruit for your system, you also have to tweak your system to allow the resources you have to be successful. He's great at the first part but doesn't appear to be capable at all for the second part.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,254
  • Days Won:  1

Was that the rain game in Heinz?

I don't recall but it was the game where ray graham ran for nearly 250 yards on us