• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers in at QB is a waste

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

The defense KNOWS exactly what we are doing...

When we put in Flowers... 

We should do a pass play instead. 

At least roll the pocket with an option to either run or pass to a single route runner

Houston took a chance and replaced O'Korn with Ward, the same O'Korn that threw for 3,100 yards, 28 tds, and had an 8-5 record as a true freshman. I am not saying Flowers is ready to replace White but if Flowers is showing improvement, why not give him a few reps. White stats are 136 yds per game, 43% completion percentage, 3 tds and 4 ints....and he is untouchable???? Get out of here....I hope that we keep searching for options at every position  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,678
  • Days Won:  424

At least roll the pocket with an option to either run or pass to a single route runner

Houston took a chance and replaced O'Korn with Ward, the same O'Korn that threw for 3,100 yards, 28 tds, and had an 8-5 record as a true freshman. I am not saying Flowers is ready to replace White but if Flowers is showing improvement, why not give him a few reps. White stats are 136 yds per game, 43% completion percentage, 3 tds and 4 ints....and he is untouchable???? Get out of here....I hope that we keep searching for options at every position  

Just so we're on the same page here, easily catchable balls are caught, that figure is over 50%. I realize not great but still better .... and of the 4 INT's, 2 hit the receiver right in the hands and a 3rd was just as good as, if not better than, a punt. I think this is an overlooked improvement over last year. MW is making good decisions, for the most part. The plays are there to be made but breakdowns on either end have been killer.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

Just so we're on the same page here, easily catchable balls are caught, that figure is over 50%. I realize not great but still better .... and of the 4 INT's, 2 hit the receiver right in the hands and a 3rd was just as good as, if not better than, a punt. I think this is an overlooked improvement over last year. MW is making good decisions, for the most part. The plays are there to be made but breakdowns on either end have been killer.

This.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

Fair enough

Again there is a big improvement from last year but to say that we can't use anybody else for a series or two at that position is questionable IMO. A mobile QB in this offense might give us a nice little boost. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Fair enough

Again there is a big improvement from last year but to say that we can't use anybody else for a series or two at that position is questionable IMO. A mobile QB in this offense might give us a nice little boost.

Mobile QBs have room to run because they might pass.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Shockingly, White had the same problems this game as in previous games.  When he stays in the pocket he makes good throws.  When he rolls out, he doesn't get the ball remotely close to the receiver.  I understand sometimes he is flushed from the pocket.  But there are still times when we run a designed roll out with White.  Makes no sense at all.

Secondly, you would think that by this point these issues would be somewhat worked out.  How hard is it to teach him to stop and throw when he rolls out?  I understand he will probably never be great at it, but some of those throws in the second half were absolutely horrendous.  There was pressure, but there was one throw that he had moved out of the pocket and a defender wasn't within five yards of him and he underthrew the receiver by ten yards.  Dude, you got to start making those throws.

But this game there were several huge drops by receivers as well.  It is a veritable smorgasbord of errors on offense.

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411
  • Days Won:  13

Watching Tampa based football teams is a waste. So?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,678
  • Days Won:  424

Shockingly, White had the same problems this game as in previous games.  When he stays in the pocket he makes good throws.  When he rolls out, he doesn't get the ball remotely close to the receiver.  I understand sometimes he is flushed from the pocket.  But there are still times when we run a designed roll out with White.  Makes no sense at all.

Secondly, you would think that by this point these issues would be somewhat worked out.  How hard is it to teach him to stop and throw when he rolls out?  I understand he will probably never be great at it, but some of those throws in the second half were absolutely horrendous.  There was pressure, but there was one throw that he had moved out of the pocket and a defender wasn't within five yards of him and he underthrew the receiver by ten yards.  Dude, you got to start making those throws.

But this game there were several huge drops by receivers as well.  It is a veritable smorgasbord of errors on offense.

Haven't had the stomach to rewatch whole game yet, and I don't know how many designed roll outs he had, but I do remember one where he the ball right on the money and the receiver actually caught it so you must be generalizing there ...

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Haven't had the stomach to rewatch whole game yet, and I don't know how many designed roll outs he had, but I do remember one where he the ball right on the money and the receiver actually caught it so you must be generalizing there ...

ShadowBull generalizing??

Nah, couldn't happen ...

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Watching Tampa based football teams is a waste. So?

So is commenting on them obviously.

Yet you continue...