• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers in at QB is a waste

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

I think Taggart's policy is to put Flowers in for a 3 and out once White starts getting in a groove. Complete stupidity! I thought they were still going to redshirt Flowers. Either way, timing is really dumb.

Supposedly, everyone in the Press Box were scratching their heads when this occurred. I know that we and everyone around us were aghast that he would try that nonsense again.

TV move.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

if cwt is so inflexible that he wont deviate from a "script"

the problems are worse than i thought

i for one dont believe he has such a script

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

Not that I agree, or disagree, but I remember when Petrino did that in every game with UofL in his first go-round. Said that no matter the situation, the backup was going in at a predetermined time. He also didn't change the game plan for the backup. Wanted him running every play in the book in his series.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

We are averaging 15 points a game against FBS teams, give him a series or two, but he has to produce at least a few first downs...

We should be running a zone read every play with Flowers, a straight handoff makes no sense

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We are averaging 15 points a game against FBS teams, give him a series or two, but he has to produce at least a few first downs...

We should be running a zone read every play with Flowers, a straight handoff makes no sense

They were zone reads

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

Totally agree.  It's a waste of time and it looked like he missed the reads for the very simple plays he was put in for.   He's not a QB - move him to RB or somewhere else.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722

They were zone reads

Guess I am wrong but it looked like first play was a zone read and the next two were straight handoffs 

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159

They were zone reads

Guess I am wrong but it looked like first play was a zone read and the next two were straight handoffs

It sort of looked that way to me too but I was still stunned he was in at all so I may be way off

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

What I don't understand is why you're going to put Flowers in there when you have a QB who knows the system and offers similar traits in Bench. Bench has actually led the team to a little offensive success this season, while Flowers has simply not done anything.

We got Flowers and we had a pretty good idea that he was going to be a project at QB. Why exactly are we playing him early? Right now he looks like Matt Floyd. There is absolutely no reason to play him. If we want to add a mobile element, put in Bench. Flowers can run these packages next year or the year after that when he's gotten the offense down. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

The defense KNOWS exactly what we are doing...

When we put in Flowers... 

We should do a pass play instead.