• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS News Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Doesn't matter until someone in athletics says we are starting a fund raiser for an OCS.

Or some big donor i.e. Morsani, Muma, or the ilk drops a large contribution towards it.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

OCS will create new traditions for the current students, maybe even get a few students that would not otherwise go, to us old folk it will not make a huge difference. 

OCS is an investment for the future of USF

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

Well, would you look at this?  A real, well thought out discussion of an issue without all the name calling that accompanies most threads on this Board.  Maybe there is hope after all.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

LOL at whoever negged Ricky's post. Classic. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Well, would you look at this?  A real, well thought out discussion of an issue without all the name calling that accompanies most threads on this Board.  Maybe there is hope after all.

You're dumb.  I hate you.  Your mom is ugly.  OCS now!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

LOL at whoever negged Ricky's post. Classic. 

Must have been Jihme .....  ;)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

OCS will create new traditions for the current students, maybe even get a few students that would not otherwise go, to us old folk it will not make a huge difference. 

OCS is an investment for the future of USF

It will definitely get more students and by extension maybe more stay with it after they graduate, but in the short term, after the newness has worn off, it won't mean any more in overall attendance unless we start winning

• Upvote 1

What do you love about being back on campus? How often do you walk around the campus? How has that affected your contributions to athletics? To which sports are you a season ticket holder?

I love being on campus because I have pride in my alma mater. I am still in awe of the athletic facility upgrades compared to what they were 5-10-15 years ago. I had the opportunity to work on campus last year when I did walk around a lot, and enjoyed seeing the new ISA and top notch Music buildings. I enjoy going to the fishbowl and teco buildings where I spent countless 3-4am & all-nighters torturing myself studying. I always worked full-time while I was in school to live and cover tuition, and being back in those places reminds me of how far I have come. I still live in the area, and quite frequently make detours to drive through campus. It's really not practical to walk around because of the parking Nazi's. I have season tickets to football only. I have considered basketball, but I am away for a large part of basketball season. I don't even like basketball, except for when the Bulls play. I do make it to a handful of games a year though. I am admittedly not a bulls club member, because at this stage in my life I have much bigger needs for the money, but I have spent time and money to give back. I was predominantly responsible for the $20k donation last year with the mascot challenge by using Amazon aws to drop over 50 million votes. Others did help, but their methods were neutralized when capital one changed their vote throttling methods. It would be very easy to just my diplomas and not look back, but those years were some of my favorites. Being back on campus helps me to put where I am in life into perspective, and motivates me to keep pushing. As far as an OCS is concerned, it is a shrine to the school. It is a place where history is made and traditions are kept. Where kids that played while you were in school have their jerseys retired, not just some soulless nfl millionaire. Where that coach that put your program on the map is honored with a named dedication. Where you take your kids to make new memories on Saturday with pictures in front of iconic statues. Let's be honest, outside of academics, football brings the most national attention to a school. I am not saying that an ocs is the key to fixing attendance issues, winning is the only cute for that, but like I said before, an ocs turns a football game into a homecoming event. It is an landmark monument that helps recruit the next generation, that helps market the school. I'll admit that my dream school growing up was fsu, and I was in awe on my first trip to doak campbell. My trip in 09 was my favorite though. I hope that answered your questions. Are you an alumnus?

No, I did not attend USF, however I am an alumus of of a university that has everything you dream of, and more.    Visiting the campus has never had any affect on my donations, or purchase of season tickets.  The location of the footballl stadium (it was/is on campus) had zero to my purchasing season tickets/attending games while a student or afterwards. I went because I enjoyed football, which is why I go to USF games ( season ticket holder, and Bulls Club Donor).  I also have season tickets to USF MBB, WBB, M&W's Soccer, and Softball. I have walked most if not all of USF campus both during the day, and at night.  It's a great way to exercise between double headers (MBB-WBB, M&W Soccer).  I've been to events at the Marshall Center, and performances  at COTA.  None of those campus visits (100's) has had any affect on my support of USF Athletics.  I'm a fan of college football, not colleges campuses, the location of the game or the logo on the 50 yard line are immaterial to me, I am less likely to attend games in stadiums with bench seating, because as the years go by, they become less tolerable.  Padded seats at the Dome make basketball much more enjoyable.

What do you have against USF baseball?

What do you love about being back on campus? How often do you walk around the campus? How has that affected your contributions to athletics? To which sports are you a season ticket holder?

I love being on campus because I have pride in my alma mater. I am still in awe of the athletic facility upgrades compared to what they were 5-10-15 years ago. I had the opportunity to work on campus last year when I did walk around a lot, and enjoyed seeing the new ISA and top notch Music buildings. I enjoy going to the fishbowl and teco buildings where I spent countless 3-4am & all-nighters torturing myself studying. I always worked full-time while I was in school to live and cover tuition, and being back in those places reminds me of how far I have come. I still live in the area, and quite frequently make detours to drive through campus. It's really not practical to walk around because of the parking Nazi's. I have season tickets to football only. I have considered basketball, but I am away for a large part of basketball season. I don't even like basketball, except for when the Bulls play. I do make it to a handful of games a year though. I am admittedly not a bulls club member, because at this stage in my life I have much bigger needs for the money, but I have spent time and money to give back. I was predominantly responsible for the $20k donation last year with the mascot challenge by using Amazon aws to drop over 50 million votes. Others did help, but their methods were neutralized when capital one changed their vote throttling methods. It would be very easy to just my diplomas and not look back, but those years were some of my favorites. Being back on campus helps me to put where I am in life into perspective, and motivates me to keep pushing. As far as an OCS is concerned, it is a shrine to the school. It is a place where history is made and traditions are kept. Where kids that played while you were in school have their jerseys retired, not just some soulless nfl millionaire. Where that coach that put your program on the map is honored with a named dedication. Where you take your kids to make new memories on Saturday with pictures in front of iconic statues. Let's be honest, outside of academics, football brings the most national attention to a school. I am not saying that an ocs is the key to fixing attendance issues, winning is the only cute for that, but like I said before, an ocs turns a football game into a homecoming event. It is an landmark monument that helps recruit the next generation, that helps market the school. I'll admit that my dream school growing up was fsu, and I was in awe on my first trip to doak campbell. My trip in 09 was my favorite though. I hope that answered your questions. Are you an alumnus?

No, I did not attend USF, however I am an alumus of of a university that has everything you dream of, and more.    Visiting the campus has never had any affect on my donations, or purchase of season tickets.  The location of the footballl stadium (it was/is on campus) had zero to my purchasing season tickets/attending games while a student or afterwards. I went because I enjoyed football, which is why I go to USF games ( season ticket holder, and Bulls Club Donor).  I also have season tickets to USF MBB, WBB, M&W's Soccer, and Softball. I have walked most if not all of USF campus both during the day, and at night.  It's a great way to exercise between double headers (MBB-WBB, M&W Soccer).  I've been to events at the Marshall Center, and performances  at COTA.  None of those campus visits (100's) has had any affect on my support of USF Athletics.  I'm a fan of college football, not colleges campuses, the location of the game or the logo on the 50 yard line are immaterial to me, I am less likely to attend games in stadiums with bench seating, because as the years go by, they become less tolerable.  Padded seats at the Dome make basketball much more enjoyable.

What do you have against USF baseball?

Nothing, I just don't enjoy baseball.  Enjoyed playing it as a kid, but not watching it.  I should add that I no longer have football tickets (gave them up before last season) I had other things with higher priority to do.  Football schedules are geared to TV not to ticket holders.

I thought you were moving to Hawaii?

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,422
  • Days Won:  19

There is news of an OCS being built? No?

Why is this thread still going?