• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS News Update

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Ditto, GA. Win some games first and disguise the red & pewter in RJS before entertaining the OCS.

Also need to place better team logo on mid field.  Hate to see the hollow logo.

Although, it will obviously be better in that regard in an ocs, I thought they did a pretty good job on the field for the ECU game considering it was a night game and the Bucs were playing at 1 the next day. Was the white flag even in the middle of the field?

We have been to all of the games and I do not think the white surrender flag was on the field at any of them- I only remember the small iconic U

Small, white outlined iconic U...underwhelmed...regardless of whether the Bucks play at 1 pm the next day. We pay a lot of money to lease this facility. While we play in this stadium it should represent USF well and it my opinion it doesn't.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

can we at least.. BRAINSTORM on where it would actually fit?

Great idea. Let's take a map of campus, and someone with photoshop can superimpose a stadium ... say, the old Orange Bowl ... on a spot that might work.

Anyone know how to do that?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Ditto, GA. Win some games first and disguise the red & pewter in RJS before entertaining the OCS.

Also need to place better team logo on mid field.  Hate to see the hollow logo.

Although, it will obviously be better in that regard in an ocs, I thought they did a pretty good job on the field for the ECU game considering it was a night game and the Bucs were playing at 1 the next day. Was the white flag even in the middle of the field?

We have been to all of the games and I do not think the white surrender flag was on the field at any of them- I only remember the small iconic U

Small, white outlined iconic U...underwhelmed...regardless of whether the Bucks play at 1 pm the next day. We pay a lot of money to lease this facility. While we play in this stadium it should represent USF well and it my opinion it doesn't.

Something more colorful would be good. Perhaps the shield? LSU is an example

13851361979302096408898.jpeg

Tiger_Stadium___LSU_vs_UF_9_by_yoshisupr

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  684
  • Days Won:  0

can we at least.. BRAINSTORM on where it would actually fit?

Step 1) Where would we put it?

Step 2) Does the location have enough room to fit the stadium, plus 20,000+ parking spaces? 

Step 3) What kind of a conniption fit would the local residents have, when they realize that a stadium is being built within earshot of their house? This stadium is going to host other events other than football. (Concerts, motivational speakers, etc)

There is quite a bit of empty real estate west of the Embassy Suites (where they used to do the Christmas car rides), ya'll thinking about putting it there? 

Obligatory aerial with the former Orange Bowl on our campus, at scale.

4CDehEH.jpg

Also,  the entire campus would become a parking lot on game days.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

An on-campus stadium would showcase the campus to both our own alumni and visiting fans. The campus is very nice now for those that haven't visited for some time. The school has done a nice job with the new dorms and shaken some of that 'commuter' school image. A stadium would be that final piece and keep the money within the school.

Wagers, Wagers, Wagers... Did you not notice how everyone skipped right over your rational post on this subject? Please...

BTW - I agree with you.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The campus is beautiful now and an OCS would be great, but unless most of it gets paid for by donations, the money argument just doesn't hold water because we'd have to take care of the debt on the stadium.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

The campus is beautiful now and an OCS would be great, but unless most of it gets paid for by donations, the money argument just doesn't hold water because we'd have to take care of the debt on the stadium.

not necessarily true.  A capital project like an OCS is like any building project, just with more dollar signs.  The loan would carry a debt coverage of 5-6 million.  Meaning USF would need to make at least  that much a season to stay viable.  In perspective, USF loses around $3 million to Ray Jay every year with no return on their investment.  Add in naming rights like TECO and you already cover 4-5 million/year needed to finance the stadium.  And noise pollution is not that big of a problem considering there are very few neighborhoods within reasonable earshot of campus.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Actually, you just agreed with what I said.  I said, we'd have to take care of the debt.  If the debt is too high, then it would be worse financially than what we have now.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

:05-nono:

Add in naming rights like TECO PUBLIX and you already cover 4-5 million/year needed to finance the stadium. 

had to FIFY

:D

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,288
  • Days Won:  10

Parking, we have that all over campus.  Start with Sun Dome, go to Library and Alumni/Patel building lot.  Giant grass area at the front of Fowler.

Parking is solved.

Stadium will take years by that time I hope this thread is at a 1000 pages