• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Record $25 million gift spurs newly named USF Muma College of Business

Bulls1181

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

We are this much closer to Publix Stadium.

Publix Chicken Finger Sub Field @ Cigar City Stadium with a Jim Leavitt brass statute to greet you upon entry. B)

I would prefer Jim's statue to be holding a Publix sub in one hand, a beer in the other, while two women cling to his legs, with his shirt ripped, and his hair flowing o'er the top of his visor. THAT would be badass.

lol

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

A big thank you to the Mumas.  They are wonderful people.  USF is fortunate to have them in the Bulls family.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Congrats on USF getting $25M from these individuals. Personally though, I think having their name on it degrades the College of Business. Fiserv is one of the many management companies that helped facilitate the housing market crash (ask any appraiser if they like to work with a company such as Fiserv). They've degraded our profession as a whole and have Wal Mart'ed our services to a point where honest, thorough appraisers left the industry because our work was devalued. To me, Fiserv is a company full of educated, professional pimps.  

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Glad to see big donations towards USF academics...

Great use of the funds, and finally, our CoB is named.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

This is great news but if it were me I'd build the indoor practice facility first then put the leftover toward the OCS

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

There is hope for huge donations! 

I was curious and did a quick search on biggest donations to Universities in 2013. Here is a quote from the page:

Biggest Gifts

Colleges and universities were the main beneficiaries of the biggest gifts of the year. Twelve of the 15 donations on the list went to higher-education institutions.

Among them: Philip Knight, a co-founder of Nike, and his wife, Penelope, made the second biggest commitment of the year. The couple pledged $500-million to Oregon Health and Science University Foundation for cancer research and said the university must match the donation within the next two years to receive all of the money.

That gift was followed by a $350-million pledge from Michael Bloomberg to the Johns Hopkins University to promote cross-disciplinary studies and financial aid for undergraduate students.

The full list of the biggest gifts of the year appears below. In February, The Chroniclewill unveil its ranking of the most-generous donors of 2013, a list that shows the total donated by each wealthy American over the entire year, not just their single largest publicly announced gifts.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

This is great news but if it were me I'd build the indoor practice facility first then put the leftover toward the OCS

When you donate $25 million, you can decide where it goes.  They specifically donated to the COB

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

very generous

I know, right?!? :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

When you donate $25 million, you can decide where it goes.  They specifically donated to the COB

I want to apologize.  That came off way worse than it did in my head.