• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCif in big trouble

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Weird. The UCF WR and RB coaches are both African-American. If there was discrimination going on I would expect them to speak up before Ferraro. I believe he was being pushed out, but not because O'leary is a racist, but because they wanted Summers to take over the defense after the Baylor performance.

It's not about racism. It's obvious that he has African American players and coaches on the team. However, if some of the comments are proven to be true it speaks poorly about his character. BTW, why would a coach like Ferraro make something like this up...without evidence...or more than just he said she said?

Part of me hopes its not true b/c I would hate to think that there are still ppl in positions of power that stool think and act like this...

Money? Maybe because without tossing in some racist remarks the other accusations of micro-managing and belittling aren't grounds for a lawsuit. Ferraro admits that he never mentioned the racist remarks prior to the lawsuit and waited months before bringing the suit. If what he says is true, that he was belittled in front of the entire staff, there will be witnesses called and the truth should come out. More likely is UCF just pays the guy to make this go away.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,521
  • Days Won:  422

It's only $15K... That's GOL's meal per diem for one away game. They'll pay it and move on.

The damages allegation states "in excess of $15,000". This is needed to establish the jurisdiction of the circuit court (all matters above $15K) as opposed to county court (below $15K).

Ah, got it ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,521
  • Days Won:  422

Weird. The UCF WR and RB coaches are both African-American. If there was discrimination going on I would expect them to speak up before Ferraro. I believe he was being pushed out, but not because O'leary is a racist, but because they wanted Summers to take over the defense after the Baylor performance.

The Baylor performance?? The UCF D didn't do anything that special in that game. BU rolled up the yardage and 42 points. It was the UCF offense that carried that game ...

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839

The Baylor performance?? The UCF D didn't do anything that special in that game. BU rolled up the yardage and 42 points. It was the UCF offense that carried that game ...

Did you read the lawsuit? That is Ferraro's allegation from the suit, not mine. He claimed that Summers was on the way in and he was on the way out after the Baylor game. That part I possibly agree with. The rest seems farfetched and fabricated.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

sovereign immunity = won't amount to much.

The breach of contract is not subject to sovereign immunity. The damages will be whatever is allowed under his contract.

The other counts will be subject to the sovereign immunity cap if it applies. The issue of whether sovereign immunity applies to organizations such as ucfaa is at the Florida Supreme Court currently (from the Plancher wrongful death case).

Aware of the Plancher case, and thanks for the clarification on breach of contract and sovereign immunity. The parties will settle, and the settlement will likely be sealed.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's only $15K... That's GOL's meal per diem for one away game. They'll pay it and move on.

HAHAHA!!  I wonder if they increased it for the Ireland game, considering the motherland, whisky, banger and mash and all that ...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50

in the link provided for the purported complaint shows that its a verified complaint and includes a sworn affidavit by Ferraro. He may be trying to muddy the waters to get his money, but he is exposing himself to potential criminal liability if what he is alleging is proven false

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

They just need to find some liars to make it real for the rest of us.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

in the link provided for the purported complaint shows that its a verified complaint and includes a sworn affidavit by Ferraro. He may be trying to muddy the waters to get his money, but he is exposing himself to potential criminal liability if what he is alleging is proven false

Not going to happen. It would be literally impossible for someone to prove something wasn't said in this scenario.