• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU Start Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I agree completely Bausfkid...USF just takes the safer approach to things. All games cannot be at noon due to TV conflicts but USF apparently recommends that certain games (homecoming, UCF) be played at noon. I could be wrong, but I bet that both of them will be noon kicks.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Nice to be reminded of that 2009 game against UL. Forgettable day that one was, huh? Nothing to see there.

Could have sworn we won that game

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

Nice to be reminded of that 2009 game against UL. Forgettable day that one was, huh? Nothing to see there.

We did .... Pretty sure he was referring to what supposedly transpired at half time.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

We did .... Pretty sure he was referring to what supposedly transpired at half time.

Ah yes. Got it.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I'm not buying that USF picks noon. When our games weren't televised, they were at 7 pm. Even recently when we don't get picked up for TV, we play at 7. If I had to guess, I'd say that USF prefers 7pm when they have a choice, but most of the time, they do not have a choice due to the TV contract.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I'm with my friend on this one, 7

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748

I talked to the administration about this because I was questioning the noon kickoffs and they said that the administration spoke to the conference and requested homecoming to be at noon the last few years in order to protect the students from over indulging in the adult beverages. The schools get a say in requesting the times for the games if they so choose. I personally think that noon games for homecoming are stupid and am hoping that the new AD does as well...

They can request all they want but if TV wants it at noon, it will be at noon ... and I'm curious, what makes Homecoming any different than any other Saturday game as far as worrying about students over indulging in the adult beverages? Are there day long activities for them where they can get boozed up more than normal? The noon requests are probabaly more for the Alumni activities rather than the students ...

That's kinda sorta the direction I was leaning as well. What would induce over-21-years-old-only students to drink more for homecoming than they would for any other game. I'd think that attendance - and tailgating as well - would not necessarily be any larger than for any other game (student wise). Assuming any increase in participation is due to alumni in town for homecoming, I don't see the student connection, even if the game were held later in the day. It just sounds odd, to me. And while media does dictate, to a degree, start times, I think that homecoming does carry some weight that other games may not.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

It needs to be 7 which is why it will be noon.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

USF's home game Oct. 11 vs. East Carolina will kick off at 7 and be televised on @ESPNU