• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU Start Time

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

The reason we have been holding homecoming at noon is to limit the alcohol intake...i'm actually being serious. Apparently homecoming games are a dangerous time for alcohol poisoning.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I thought the timing in the past has always been dictated by TV scheduling. In other words, USF may not want a noon kickoff, but they are not going to turn down TV money if the network (espn) decides that the game will be a nooner.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

The reason we have been holding homecoming at noon is to limit the alcohol intake...i'm actually being serious. Apparently homecoming games are a dangerous time for alcohol poisoning.

Like MLB said, we don't control the game times of most games, especially conference ones.

I talked to the administration about this because I was questioning the noon kickoffs and they said that the administration spoke to the conference and requested homecoming to be at noon the last few years in order to protect the students from over indulging in the adult beverages. The schools get a say in requesting the times for the games if they so choose. I personally think that noon games for homecoming are stupid and am hoping that the new AD does as well...

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,748
  • Days Won:  3

Well, then perhaps the poll should be 'what time do you prefer homecoming games' rather than 'what time do you think...'.

How much of a negotiation is there between the university and television (ESPN or whoever the AAC is in the sack with) as to game times?

So, we must have a lot of over 21 students who attend homecoming....right?  :FIREdevil:

I talked to the administration about this because I was questioning the noon kickoffs and they said that the administration spoke to the conference and requested homecoming to be at noon the last few years in order to protect the students from over indulging in the adult beverages. The schools get a say in requesting the times for the games if they so choose. I personally think that noon games for homecoming are stupid and am hoping that the new AD does as well...

They can request all they want but if TV wants it at noon, it will be at noon ... and I'm curious, what makes Homecoming any different than any other Saturday game as far as worrying about students over indulging in the adult beverages? Are there day long activities for them where they can get boozed up more than normal? The noon requests are probabaly more for the Alumni activities rather than the students ...

The administration has asked for noon the past few years for games that they believe will have large student turn out. This has included homecoming and the UCF game.

The administration has asked for noon the past few years for games that they believe will have large student turn out. This has included homecoming and the UCF game.

So on games with a potential for large student turn outs they ask for a time that will inhibit students from showing up ... No wonder DW is gone.

To inhibit students from drinking excessively was the goal...USF has this whole over protective thing going on. Anybody who went through the Greek system knows this.

To inhibit students from drinking excessively was the goal...USF has this whole over protective thing going on. Anybody who went through the Greek system knows this.

If that's their objective, they should request every game start at noon, then ... The WCU game should have been at noon since that was completely under USF's control. Bottom line is, to me, this whole noon starts because of student drinking sounds like bullcrap and somewhere along this line of communication, someone is making stuff up.