• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF schedules home/home with NIU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

This is not a big opponent. Neither was Syracuse really but they were a great replacement for Indiana.

Boring

plenty of people tickets will be available

In case you missed it... we played a Big Ten and ACC school this year with plenty of tickets available.

People don't come to watch the opponents... they come to watch USF win. We could play Bob's College, but if we're in the Top 25, we'll fill the lower bowl and then some.

I come also for the opponents. I traveled down for Maryland and NC State. Also I don't know if you get into the top 25 easily by playing Bob State.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Northern Illinois should be in a better conference.The have a strong following. They would kick our ass. I've been following them over the last few years (my wife's Alma mater). They would have beaten FSU in the Orange Bowl, if they had a receiver that could catch the ball. 

Edited by ahoyboy

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Days Won:  1

Heard Texas has an opening in 2019 and 2022. Home and home with them might be nice

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I think we need to get as many P5 schools on the schedule as we can ASAP. The time is going to come when the Haves say no more scheduling the Have Nots. I would fully expect existing agreements would be honored but no new agreements made. We must get these games scheduled as quickly as possible or all we will have for OOC opponents will be MAC and CUSA scrubs.

we will see fewer and fewer p5 schools

that is our reality

WRONG!!!! The lower P5 will always schedule G5 teams as they are seeking an easier way to win. Otherwise they know they will never get to six wins. This is about 40% of P5 teams. Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

Love this rivalry from our old days. NIU Dan should be back talking his smack once the game gets near. Also, I hope USF schedules a series with Georgia Southern. They upgraded to the SunBelt and they added more to their nice litte on campus stadium in Stateborro, Ga. Would make for an excellent trip. Not sure Ga Tech will give USF a 1 and 1. UGA will just kill us right now. Also, Georgia State is another close program that USF needs to set up a series. Lets also get Troy back on our schedules. Fun games and it is part of our history. 

Boring

plenty of people tickets will be available

In case you missed it... we played a Big Ten and ACC school this year with plenty of tickets available.

People don't come to watch the opponents... they come to watch USF win. We could play Bob's College, but if we're in the Top 25, we'll fill the lower bowl and then some.

I come also for the opponents. I traveled down for Maryland and NC State. Also I don't know if you get into the top 25 easily by playing Bob State.

USF does not draw that many people from out of town even in great seasons -- fans here in Tampa do not care who we play when we lose, see the attendance this year.

And you get to the Top 25 by winning consistently... doesn't matter who you play.  (Top 10 and Top 5 is where the SOS matters - not Top 25).

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Agreed Jim, yet there is the casual fan of the sport that may come to see a Texas, a Penn State, or a USC and from an upset win, you tend to pick up a fan or two.

That's kind of my thought process on scheduling.