• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Patience in the process

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

And nobody will be getting raises this year me thinks. That could save a million. Glass half full people.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

I needed this essay to feel a little bit better about usf football. Also hope they announce a stadium ASAP. I need to find more reasons to complete attending. I also need to see that light at the end of the tunnel.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,002
  • Days Won:  469

Please don't crucify me for this post. I found it therapeutic to pen this Sunday in light of the NC ST game. I know the pessimism is rampant on this board, but in fairness to the program and Harlan, USF football has yet to really experience any lean years. Gutting the foundation of the last 15 games is not the answer to this rebuild. Here is my opinion as to what is.

Go Bulls

If you are going to advertise your writings from another site, it is suggested your musings not impart a negative slant on this site. If you intend to engage the masses here, do so fairly and as a member of this message board community. Thank you.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

Hard to be patient when our starting QB FINALLY has a throw worth talking about and he is on the bench the next series. That was a WTF moment.

That was weird. I was thinking we would keep taking shots deep to open it up for Mack.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,952
  • Days Won:  12

Bump. This and the latest from VD5 need to be spread far and wide.

Harlan and Taggart are undergoing a full program reset. Let's enjoy the good seats at RJ and watch these young Bulls grow up to become superstars.

It will take time. It will be difficult. It will be worth it.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We're right where I thought we would be at this point 1-2.

You're not the only one....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  50
  • Days Won:  0

Please don't crucify me for this post. I found it therapeutic to pen this Sunday in light of the NC ST game. I know the pessimism is rampant on this board, but in fairness to the program and Harlan, USF football has yet to really experience any lean years. Gutting the foundation of the last 15 games is not the answer to this rebuild. Here is my opinion as to what is.

Go Bulls

If you are going to advertise your writings from another site, it is suggested your musings not impart a negative slant on this site. If you intend to engage the masses here, do so fairly and as a member of this message board community. Thank you.

Apologies, I meant no ill to anyone.  I am fairly new to the community, and the last time I attempted to start a similar discussion here I was met with a little vitriol.  We are all Bulls, and we all just want to see the program and the school succeed. 

Edited by ZmanUSF

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

Harlan and Taggart are undergoing a full program reset. Let's enjoy the good seats at RJ and watch these young Bulls grow up to become superstars.

I can agree with you

In retrospect, USF has never actually been good

A full reset might be good for the program (assuming a full reset is what is actually going on)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I can agree with you

In retrospect, USF has never actually been good

A full reset might be good for the program (assuming a full reset is what is actually going on)

Some of us realized a full reset is what was needed to get this program headed in the right direction after the downwards trend in Holtz's last two seasons.  Others thought an abysmal 2 win team (that was very lucky to get one of those wins) was magically going to win 8 games because of one off season....

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I would disagree with the characterization that we were never "good." If you're winning 8-9 games a year you are good. We weren't great or even "very good" and certainly weren't consistent.

• Upvote 3