• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

You going to start this thread every game? You think he could have brought in a QB since last week via free agency?

He's had 1.5 classes he's brought in 3 QBs (Bench, White, Flowers). He's got one committed for 2015 and is still looking for more. He's doing what you want him to do.

Agree.  We are all very impatient, me included.  We have all suffered through the rebuilding process and want instant gratification...human nature.  I think the product on the field needs a lot of weeding out.  CWT is doing what he can with the players he currently has and given time (another two years ) I think he will have enough of his own players to make a considerable impact (compared to present day).  Work in progress.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

We need work on skill, talent, and fundamentals. Seemingly at all positions.

Running backs need to work on pass blocking/blitz pick up. They do a fine job running it if they get the blocks.

WR need work on route running, separation, and catching.

Oline just needs to block someone. Anyone would help right now.

QBs need to work on throwing catchable passes.

Dline need to work on getting penetration and pressure.

LBs need to wrap up.

DBs need to wrap up and find the ball.

LS need to make good snaps.

Punters need to be consistent with the punts.

K need to make their kicks.

Holders need to get the ball down correctly.

Protectors need to protect.

Returners need to return at the appropriate time.

Coaches need to coach their positions.

So in a nutshell, we need a football team.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Could have been USF - swing and a miss.  

Correction: Clint Trickett -- statistically -- is the nation's best Power 5 qb

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Clint is from WV and has family/friends there. We never had a chance because of this. I don't know if any school outside of WVU had a chance.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,424
  • Days Won:  19

Isn't White better with a simpler offense?

Why is the offense so hard to learn?!?

Flowers did not shine in the Taggart system.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Clint is from WV and has family/friends there. We never had a chance because of this. I don't know if any school outside of WVU had a chance.

No, no, no...it was obviously USF's coaches and administrators' fault that we didn't get him.

• Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

Trickett will graduate in May with a degree in social science from Florida State. He is slated to be a redshirt junior in 2013. "

I had a good time here at Florida State and want to thank everyone for being so good to me," Trickett said. "I’ll always be part of the FSU alumni."

Two schools, however, are in play: USF and West Virginia.

In fact, some close to the USF program expect Trickett to transfer there. He was originally recruited out of high school by USF coach Willie Taggart, who at the time was coaching at Stanford.

Trickett and the Trickett family have major ties to West Virginia, and Trickett is fond of the area. His skills fit the system well, as he played in a spread in high school. West Virginia has a major hole at quarterback after Geno Smith left for the NFL draft. He is expected to be the top pick this April.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,681
  • Days Won:  108

Trickett will graduate in May with a degree in social science from Florida State. He is slated to be a redshirt junior in 2013. "

I had a good time here at Florida State and want to thank everyone for being so good to me," Trickett said. "I’ll always be part of the FSU alumni."

In fact, some close to the USF program expect Trickett to transfer there. He was originally recruited out of high school by USF coach Willie Taggart, who at the time was coaching at Stanford.

Trickett and the Trickett family have major ties to West Virginia, and Trickett is fond of the area. His skills fit the system well, as he played in a spread in high school. West Virginia has a major hole at quarterback after Geno Smith left for the NFL draft. He is expected to be the top pick this April.

So if this kid is a spread offense QB, what was Tags planning on doing with him here? 

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

So if this kid is a spread offense QB, what was Tags planning on doing with him here? 

Hoping he would be better than Floyd, Eveld and Eveld Jr.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

The same thing he's planning on doing with Flowers.

Square-Peg.jpg