• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB recruiting

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Flowers ran the spread option and Bench ran it a few times.  I don't know why you guys keep saying CWT doesn't adapt to the QB

• Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

It will be tougher to get two QBs to come here now that we are a lower level team....if they think they could sit the bench they will do that at a P5 school....our best bet is to go after players like Quinton whom the bigger schools offered as a wr or rb...we offered as QB

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,683
  • Days Won:  108

Trickett will graduate in May with a degree in social science from Florida State. He is slated to be a redshirt junior in 2013. "

I had a good time here at Florida State and want to thank everyone for being so good to me," Trickett said. "I’ll always be part of the FSU alumni."

Two schools, however, are in play: USF and West Virginia.

In fact, some close to the USF program expect Trickett to transfer there. He was originally recruited out of high school by USF coach Willie Taggart, who at the time was coaching at Stanford.

Trickett and the Trickett family have major ties to West Virginia, and Trickett is fond of the area. His skills fit the system well, as he played in a spread in high school. West Virginia has a major hole at quarterback after Geno Smith left for the NFL draft. He is expected to be the top pick this April.

So if this kid is a spread offense QB, what was Tags planning on doing with him here? 

The same thing he's planning on doing with Flowers.

Square-Peg.jpg

Love that pic.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Trickett will graduate in May with a degree in social science from Florida State. He is slated to be a redshirt junior in 2013. "

I had a good time here at Florida State and want to thank everyone for being so good to me," Trickett said. "I’ll always be part of the FSU alumni."

Two schools, however, are in play: USF and West Virginia.

In fact, some close to the USF program expect Trickett to transfer there. He was originally recruited out of high school by USF coach Willie Taggart, who at the time was coaching at Stanford.

Trickett and the Trickett family have major ties to West Virginia, and Trickett is fond of the area. His skills fit the system well, as he played in a spread in high school. West Virginia has a major hole at quarterback after Geno Smith left for the NFL draft. He is expected to be the top pick this April.

So if this kid is a spread offense QB, what was Tags planning on doing with him here? 

The same thing he's planning on doing with Flowers.

Square-Peg.jpg

Love that pic.

you guys do realize that a spread formation is nothing more than spreading players out horizontally including the linemen,right?

WVU runs air raid offense that uses more wide receivers and less TEs and RBs. we use TEs and RBs. 

Trickett came from FSU. they runout of a pro style formation using Fb and TE more similar to ours.

Spread and Pro Style are just formations.

Bench shouldn't play in a passing offense period. whether or not it is spread or pro style formation. he is better suited for an option offense that only throws 10 times per game.

I thought White was better suited for a passing pro-style offense but he certainly isn't running it very well.

BY the way , our o-line is terrible. they need all the help they can get blocking so I don't think having extra protection in the form of TEs and FBs is dumb.

Edited by Bull94