• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  1,803
  • Days Won:  0

I just don't see how you double team a 320 pound nose tackle and nobody gets a hand on him before he sacks your qb???

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Give Mike White points -- major points -- for loyalty. Says his o-line is "still the best o-line in the country to me." #USF— Joey Knight (@TBTimes_Bulls) September 13, 2014

This team is delusional from the head coach all the way down to the players
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

NC States D-Line was more physical then our O-Line but I really don't think that was the biggest issue at all.

Our offensive linemen just don't know how to play offensive line.  I know that sounds obvious but it's true.  NC State D-Linemen were just coming through untouched over and over.  That's not a physicality issue, that's an issue of offensive linemen having no idea what their assignment is.   On top of that every technique that NC State used on them worked like they were played middle schoolers.  They fake outside, come back inside, and our guys just get blown by.   They just have no idea what they are doing.

It's not like our defense, where I think today they knew what they were doing, they just kept getting beat.   Their O-Linemen created a perfect pocket for Brissett on nearly every pass and opened huge running lanes.  I can accept that and be ok with it.  They tried, they just got beat.   The few times they did get through Brissett was mobile enough to get away and I give him credit for that.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I just wanted to throw in there too that for anyone who doesn't think so, football really is won and lost in the trenches.   Give a bad QB 8 seconds in the pocket and he will look like a beast.  Give a great QB 1 second, and he will look like trash.   Give the RB holes, same deal.   Pressure the opponents QB and your secondary will look much better only having to cover for a few seconds.  Give their QB 8 seconds and your secondary is doomed.

Just take a look at the NFL last week.   Go pick the team that is better in the trenches and they most likely won.  Dolphins beat the Pats.  Big Shock right? Not really.  Pats D-Line is weak and O-Line is mediocre at best, Dolphins are much better.  Panthers beat Bucs.  Better in the trenches on both sides.   Bills beats Bears. Same deal.   Lions trash Giants.  Giants O and D lines are horrible.   Jets beat the Raiders even with 2 turnovers and 100 penalty yards. Why?  Because they dominated on both sides of the line.

Taggart really needs to give some of his young offensive lineman a chance right now, and make sure while he is on the recruiting trail to recruit no less then 7 3-star lineman if he wants any chance of being successful.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Give Mike White points -- major points -- for loyalty. Says his o-line is "still the best o-line in the country to me." #USF— Joey Knight (@TBTimes_Bulls) September 13, 2014

Great...now CWT is going to start White on Friday with a fractured wrist and he has a concussion.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

:lmao:

Great...now CWT is going to start White on Friday with a fractured wrist and he has a concussion.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Bad play on both sides.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

OL was flat out awful.