• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie's Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

There is so much whining and complaining about a win. Amazing.

I'm not going to suggest Willie isn't a good coach but I remain unconvinced that his offense will ever work here.I'm curious to hear what everyone else's opinion on this is long term... forget this season or next.... is it a sustainable model for USF?

The talent in Florida is arguably the best recruiting zone in the conference for speed and width... not necessarily maulers in the trenches.

WCU's performance proves again the spread is the great equalizer. Considerably less talent but they got their players in space.

Against Maryland and Wisconsin... they will have no respect for our passing game and stack the box. Our QB has to win those games.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I think the offense can work but you gotta have a accurate passer...you can have a pocket passer or mobile qb but with no accuracy the offense is going to look terrible.

Hope Flowers has some accuracy

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,116
  • Days Won:  7

It's possible, but part of the problem last night is that the Cats were basically dropping their back 7 into coverage a ton. It didn't make sense to me, seeing how badly Mack was gashing them, but I think we should expect 8 man fronts from here on out seeing as Mack is currently our biggest offense threat. White has it in him to be a good QB, but gets rattled very easily. I don't get his mental makeup. 

If Bench can keep the chains moving start him. There's no reason our offense should have lost TOP last week, and that we lost it as badly as we did is of major concern to me. We're going to have to keep the offense on the field if we want to beat UMD.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I did not understand all of the sprint outs and roll outs with White. My belief is he is not that type of quarterback.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

It's possible, but part of the problem last night is that the Cats were basically dropping their back 7 into coverage a ton. It didn't make sense to me, seeing how badly Mack was gashing them, but I think we should expect 8 man fronts from here on out seeing as Mack is currently our biggest offense threat. White has it in him to be a good QB, but gets rattled very easily. I don't get his mental makeup. 

If Bench can keep the chains moving start him. There's no reason our offense should have lost TOP last week, and that we lost it as badly as we did is of major concern to me. We're going to have to keep the offense on the field if we want to beat UMD.

we lost TOP because our RB had 3 TD runs longer than 56 yards and our defense played prevent for 3 quarters.

would you prefer our offense not score so quickly?

coaches obviously weren't concerned  with TOP. oh wait they don't get paid to win TOP

Edited by Bull94
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I did not understand all of the sprint outs and roll outs with White. My belief is he is not that type of quarterback.

He isn't that type of QB. WR's were open on those plays and his passes were beyond poor.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I remain a proponent of the spread as it evens out the playing field by spacing the defense out and letting speed be the deciding factor.

However, this offense can work but it requires building a strong line and that remains a year or two away. Clearly the upper class men just aren't going to make it work the way it could.

Also, the denizens of this board were derisive of the "sandlot", "backyard, "gimmicky" offenses of yesteryear and wanted a more pro style attack. We'll have to let it play out.

Edited by SANJAY

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I need to watch the replay but I sure don't remember a whole lot of sprint/roll outs .... Most glaring miss to me was the one down near the goal, at the students, where he threw behind the receiver on the quick slant that would have been a td.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The offense and game plan were fine.  The receivers were open.  Quarterback has to execute.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

The offense and game plan were fine.  The receivers were open.  Quarterback has to execute.

All the posts last night & today, and it really does boil down to this simple post.