• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Willie's Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  0

Some of you guys are a little too critical here...3-4 more completions and maybe 1-2 dropped passes caught and it "may" have been a different score.  But I'm sure some would still ***** that he didn't throw for 300+ yards or maybe Mack should have broken the school record and rushed for 500 yards...who cares, we won!

We scored the most points in a long time and didn't play our best game and WE WON!

Maybe the coaches wanted to have a vanilla game plan since our competition is getting better and guess what that game plan was enough to help us WIN the game.

It's one game and I think we can all agree that what we saw last week was better than anything we saw last year...and we are 1-0

On to Maryland

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Some of you guys are a little too critical here...3-4 more completions and maybe 1-2 dropped passes caught and it "may" have been a different score.  But I'm sure some would still ***** that he didn't throw for 300+ yards or maybe Mack should have broken the school record and rushed for 500 yards...who cares, we won!

We scored the most points in a long time and didn't play our best game and WE WON!

Maybe the coaches wanted to have a vanilla game plan since our competition is getting better and guess what that game plan was enough to help us WIN the game.

It's one game and I think we can all agree that what we saw last week was better than anything we saw last year...and we are 1-0

On to Maryland

It could have, and that's what some of us were looking for. I even stated before the game that I wasn't looking for the W but how we got the W to see how this team as improved. That said there were a number of things that have improved with this team since last year. Furthermore this team will grow immensely over 6 games as these fresh players get some game time experience. I am glad we have 3 OOC games to get ready for in conference battle, then a cupcake conference game, and another quality ooc opponent. Come the big stretch we should have learned a few valuable lessons. I am also glad the UCF game is at the end of the year when we will have the most confidence. 

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

This may sound weird, but im kinda glad our offense didnt look great because of physical miscues. Imo, thats a step up from all of the mental and schematical flaws.

We showed on saturday that we are ready to thrive in this offense. We no longer look like we dont stand a chance from the opening kickoff.

Obviously, we have to see how we do against maryland. But i believe we are in a good spot.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just re-watched the game. White was bad early, but for the most part his throws were on target, just high or overthrown. That tells me he was too jacked up. He had a couple of poor throws, but most QBs will have them early in the first game.

Starting to wonder if it will take time to learn his new found muscle.

There were also several catchable balls that were dropped. Once White got into a little bit of rhythm in the second half he seemed ok.

Mack's runs were even more impressive on tv than on live. Almost every run was out of breaking tackles and finding holes with great vision and balance.

Looked to me like White's issues were correctable if they can calm him down. If not, there should be no hesitation to pull him.

Because of Mack's long runs, it was sort of a weird game offensively because there were not many sustained drives to let the offense really work the rust off.

Next couple of weeks will be interesting. I think we won't know what we really have until after the NC State game.

Edited by usfgrad84

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

I'll say this:  I saw several balls fall out of receiver's hands on offense.  White got rattled a few times yes.  I am concerned about his passing.  But I don't want to lay all of the blame on him.  Some of these receivers are dropping balls or not hustling enough to get them.  I'll split the blame there.

Not sure what game you saw, but I don't recall seeing drops.  Duval couldn't hold onto a pass for a first down, but he got drilled as he was catching it.

White was 9 of 26.  That's 17 incompletions.  Even if there were 1-2 drops, and 1-2 thrown out of bounds intentionally, that puts MOST of the blame on White.  He usually had ample time.  He overthrew Davis for an easy TD.  With a guy like Davis getting 5-6 behind the DB, you have to throw the ball inside and let him adjust at snag it.  Davis wins that right almost everytime.

Hopefully he relaxes and settles in with accuracy.  If not, bring in Bench.  Then Wilson or Flowers.  But I don't care who you are playing, 35% completion rate sucks hard.

While was interviewed and knows the first half he psyched himself out. Second half he calmed down.  Look at the two half's and it is night and day.  

I think he will be ready for this game.   Remember the Houston game, White was on fire.  Everyone has up and down games.  

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

It also looked to me that he was pretty effective on the quick hitters and play action passes. Since Mack was going off, he really didn't get too many chances off the play action.

Mack is going to have to clean up the fumbles. He put the ball on the ground 3 times.

• Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594

It also looked to me that he was pretty effective on the quick hitters and play action passes. Since Mack was going off, he really didn't get too many chances off the play action.

Mack is going to have to clean up the fumbles. He put the ball on the ground 3 times.

I counted two

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  1,166

Perfect example of how much QB play can make a difference: Watch the UCF vs Penn State game before and after Dinovo was taken out. UCF would have most likely won had they started the other QB and not Dinovo. UCF looked like a completely different team.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I don't see the offense ever being anything more than mediocre. It's not a difficult offense to defend UNLESS you have an absolutely dominant oline, a very very good qb, a good RB, good TE's and WR that can beat double coverage. If you're missing one of those forget it. I also think how good the defense is has a big impact. That scheme is not built to come from behind at all. (people are gonna say well we came from behind western carolina) I'm talking about a legit FBS team. If they get up 17+ points against us you can almost just put the L in the book. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

I don't see the offense ever being anything more than mediocre. It's not a difficult offense to defend UNLESS you have an absolutely dominant oline, a very very good qb, a good RB, good TE's and WR that can beat double coverage. If you're missing one of those forget it. I also think how good the defense is has a big impact. That scheme is not built to come from behind at all. (people are gonna say well we came from behind western carolina) I'm talking about a legit FBS team. If they get up 17+ points against us you can almost just put the L in the book.

Isnt this what Cwt is trying to build now?

It's year 2 what did you expect.