• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Still Thinks Willie Taggart is the coach of the future?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

Can anyone point to something Taggart did, coaching wise, that was notable?

I saw very little improvement (if at all) with the team throughout last season and the first game this year.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,539
  • Days Won:  28

I feel every coach should get at least three years. Last year we got our butts whooped by Mcneese State and our defense eventually rebounded by the next game and was pretty respectable by the end of the year. Unlike last year, we had less turnovers, held the team to 80 yards rushing, and scored waaaay more points. I understand USF has become perennial underachievers, but geez, let the year play out before you talk about getting a new coach. Waaay too much negativity with you bulls fan. By the way, I went to the University of Florida and the main reason I stopped liking the team was b/c of how obnoxious and arrogant the fans and culture became. I hated how they crapped on Ron Zook and never gave Charlie Strong a chance. Now their karma has arrived and they also lost to a non div I school. Remember Georgia Southern?  Taggart has recruits an awesome class, and even has a highly touted quarterback for next year in addition to Flowers and the third stringer guy. You guys need to calm down and at least wait until the next 2 games to start the whining.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This thread delivers

I've heard of people celebrating moral victories, but never heard of folks wallowing in a moral loss after an actual victory...

I don't think people are wallowing in a loss, they're showing legit concern over how successful this team can be or how much better this team is.

A win is a win, let's hope it's better next week. Trust in CWT. I guarantee he and his fellow coaches aren't high fiving this win.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

For those that hate our defense last week get ready to hate it again this weekend. We're going to take away the deep balls and keep things in front. Test maryland's patience.

Probably mix it up slightly more with blitzes. But not much.

I didn't know CWT talked about next weeks game plan...

He didn't.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This defense does not work well against the spread. Better tighten up the pass coverage or else Saturday will be a long game for us!

Defense played like ****, and the whole "we were in prevent" all game is laughable...that being said, this unit showed promise last year. My concern is the offense. We ain't going to get 275 each week.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This thread delivers

I've heard of people celebrating moral victories, but never heard of folks wallowing in a moral loss after an actual victory...

Hof post

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

Don't know if he is the coach next year or the next 5 years. However 4 or 5 wins will be sufficient for him to keep his job this year.

This, and since this is what I want to see, personally, I'll be happy for him to get another year.  He has brought some positive things to this program.  I really want him to work out here and be our longterm coach.  

Yeah, cuz otherwise you'll have to change your avatar.   :roflmao:

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

This thread delivers

Despite 2013,

USF fans still demand more from school

... which is a good thing

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,602
  • Days Won:  424

This thread delivers

Despite 2013,

USF fans still demand more from school

... which is a good thing

Demanding more than a win .... that's funny.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259

This thread delivers

Have you spent a lot of time on UCF's Rival fan site?