• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you think the Student section will look game 1?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

I'm guessing about 4500. I think the student section needs to cut out the 200s and 300s seating and just leave it at whatever those end zone areas will hold. Use the 200s level corner areas for overflow, if it gets to that. That end zone is usually what you see on TV anyways, so I'd prefer there be less choices so they pack in down there.

I think it will be decently lively since it's first game of the year, and the new freshmen if they make it out, don't know the history usually, and will be ready to party/scream. Hopefully the older students can teach them well so they're not sitting on their hands.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  355
  • Content Count:  4,741
  • Days Won:  3

I hope that the students have the same enthusiasm that they have at the soccer games.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

With Harlan doing what he can to encourage the students like the on-campus camp/practices, the Marshall center pep rally, the bus route, and I'm sure stuff that we don't know about, not to mention that we haven't lost any games yet and this is about as close we'll have to a sure win all year, I expect the students will show out pretty well. Definitely more than half full.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I see those that show having a great time

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'm guessing about 4500. I think the student section needs to cut out the 200s and 300s seating and just leave it at whatever those end zone areas will hold. Use the 200s level corner areas for overflow, if it gets to that. That end zone is usually what you see on TV anyways, so I'd prefer there be less choices so they pack in down there.

I think it will be decently lively since it's first game of the year, and the new freshmen if they make it out, don't know the history usually, and will be ready to party/scream. Hopefully the older students can teach them well so they're not sitting on their hands.

The older students might not know how/when to cheer for USF football either.

Edited by JTrue

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

I would hope 70% or more the whole way. But our student section is awfully good at showing up late and leaving early

Wonder if the bus schedule will accommodate that. Would be nice to have no return trips til the end of the 4th. Not sure how that will impact the logistics of transporting the students though.

Good point. Should just make it clear first bus leaving is 15 mins after clock hits 0s.

But I'll be honest I love the idea but I could never run that if there were significant amount of students. I'm sure there would be dozens of kids left behind

Buses will make the return trip to campus from the same location starting a half-hour after the game has ended.

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=7700&ATCLID=209619662

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Our son got his student ticket plus 4

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

It will be empty, like the rest of the stadium.

agreed

there is no excitement for usf football this season. Taggart is right - gotta be earned back

• Topic Count:  2,330
  • Content Count:  21,289
  • Days Won:  10

I think the student section will be ok for the first quarter then will empty out as they start to pass out.