• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How do you think the Student section will look game 1?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

I'd say either half empty or half full.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

All the freshman want to go to their first football game. If we keep winning, they will keep coming and the apathetic sophomores and juniors will begin to show up as well.

This, always this.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I think the student section will be ok for the first quarter then will empty out as they start to pass out.

If they're passed out, how can they empty out?

4726939665_9453bf85c1_z.jpg

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Some of these question posts remind me of a teen before their first date.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

This is not inside information, just my perception .....I would expect a poor paid crowd showing, but a great student showing. There seems to be a good amount of energy on campus about the start of the season and just a desire by lots of students that want the full college experience which includes going to the games. I'll say 23,000 butts in the seats, and at least 6 k of those are students (who will leave early but hopefully stay long enough to see USF score some points and take control of the game). 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

This is not inside information, just my perception .....I would expect a poor paid crowd showing, but a great student showing. There seems to be a good amount of energy on campus about the start of the season and just a desire by lots of students that want the full college experience which includes going to the games. I'll say 23,000 butts in the seats, and at least 6 k of those are students (who will leave early but hopefully stay long enough to see USF score some points and take control of the game). 

I'm going to brag and say this was pretty close. 

Actual attendance for #USF and Western Carolina, according to TSA, was 21,946. Announced figure was 31,651 (tickets distributed).

Thank You again to the nearly 6,500 #USF students that filled the endzone and Ray Jay with noise. #BeefStuds http://ow.ly/i/6JbyX 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

I'm going to brag and say this was pretty close. 

Following

JoeyJohnston200_bigger.jpgJoey Johnstonâ€@JJohnstonTBO

Actual attendance for #USF and Western Carolina, according to TSA, was 21,946. Announced figure was 31,651 (tickets distributed).

USF Football â€@USFFootball  2h

Thank You again to the nearly 6,500 #USF students that filled the endzone and Ray Jay with noise. #BeefStuds http://ow.ly/i/6JbyX 

Not sure why reporters are always so eager to report this .....

Looks like, for the most part, the only upswing from last game of season to this was the additional students.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

Reporting actual attendance vs tickets distributed is an issue. It's the difference between sounding good on paper and being good on game day. My question would be, why do universities report tickets distributed and not tickets at the turnstile? In this one instance, there's almost a 50% discrepancy.  Could it be that being over by 10K has a more positive message? And, according to unnamed sources, season tickets (tickets paid for/seats...not number of accounts) for 2014 is 9K. I think it's going to be quite some time before we see attendance like we used to. Winning will generate sales. Struggling and mediocrity will only compound low sales and sparse attendance. 

Captain-Obvious-150x150.jpg

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

Reporting actual attendance vs tickets distributed is an issue. It's the difference between sounding good on paper and being good on game day. My question would be, why do universities report tickets distributed and not tickets at the turnstile? In this one instance, there's almost a 50% discrepancy.  Could it be that being over by 10K has a more positive message? And, according to unnamed sources, season tickets (tickets paid for/seats...not number of accounts) for 2014 is 9K. I think it's going to be quite some time before we see attendance like we used to. Winning will generate sales. Struggling and mediocrity will only compound low sales and sparse attendance. 

Captain-Obvious-150x150.jpg

Somebody's throwing out bogus numbers. either your unnamed source or whoever came up with the announced attendance number of 31K. If the 31K is accurate and your Deep Throat's 9k is accurate, that means, taking away the students, there were 15-16K other tickets distributed. I know they give away a lot of tickets each game but .... something's not adding up.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I have 2 season tickets and won't attend a single game.  So there are tickets sold that don't get used