• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Phil Steele: Best Home Field Advantage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,336
  • Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

This is the stupidest Phil Steele "expert opinion" since he picked us to win the Big East in 2012.

He is a master at getting paid to guess wrong.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Whatever, we have football in 7 days or less. 

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

I used to buy his guides, because they have a lot of information about the teams. He actually went to team campuses in the preseason or had his staff go, and that resulted in the most accurate information on each team. But his predictions have fallen off in accuracy over the years. I also noticed that his number of publications have fallen. He used to do conference too. And the ones he does put out, you can't find them in the stores they used to be, maybe having financial problems.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

This is complete nonsense. UCF tied with Auburn and Notre Dame and ahead of Texas? Credibility gone.

Agreed.  I went to a WVU game at Texas, as my ears hurt from the shear volume of fans.  Loudest I've ever attended.

UCF wasn't that loud last I went...but that in 2007 or 2008 (the TJ TD OT catch).  Not only that, but UCF fans were famous for leaving early.  I suppose it's gotten much better with recent success, but no way a 40K+ stadium is Top 25 for home field ad (heck, they beat our worst team ever by 3 points...in a game where I suspect fans were VERY loud & hostile.

That said, an OCS would be cool, and get more students involved.  But if we start winning again, and putting butts in Ray Jay, we will climb any list (yet, we still have some very docile fans, even in the wild times).

Scan up and watch the video I posted, the stands were wild.

I've been at all the WVU-USF games, so I recall the energy & noise.  I remember losing to WVU on their first trip to Ray Jay, and enduring the WVU fans singing country roads (my WVU wife, too!).  My first thought was:  I hope we never hear that song in Ray Jay again.  We almost never did...losing our last game.

I was also at the games in MoTown, and I can assure anyone that WVU stadium is a much bigger advantage than UCF.  Not knocking UCF, but 21 is WAY too high.

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Yeah, well Phil Steele has messed up his rankings before. Ask WVU if there is a home field advantage at Ray Jay.  Or any 1st home game opponent except McNeese St.

Listen to that crowd roar!!!

I cannot watch that clip enough!!

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  433
  • Days Won:  0

Cincy in their small stadium at night is a very good atmosphere. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,990
  • Days Won:  12

That's why they play the game

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

This is the stupidest Phil Steele "expert opinion" since he picked us to win the Big East in 2012.

He is a master at getting paid to guess wrong.

I thought that was Mel Kiper, Jr. 

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,407
  • Days Won:  13

This is complete nonsense. UCF tied with Auburn and Notre Dame and ahead of Texas? Credibility gone.

Agreed. I went to a WVU game at Texas, as my ears hurt from the shear volume of fans. Loudest I've ever attended.

UCF wasn't that loud last I went...but that in 2007 or 2008 (the TJ TD OT catch). Not only that, but UCF fans were famous for leaving early. I suppose it's gotten much better with recent success, but no way a 40K+ stadium is Top 25 for home field ad (heck, they beat our worst team ever by 3 points...in a game where I suspect fans were VERY loud & hostile.

That said, an OCS would be cool, and get more students involved. But if we start winning again, and putting butts in Ray Jay, we will climb any list (yet, we still have some very docile fans, even in the wild times).

Scan up and watch the video I posted, the stands were wild.

I've been at all the WVU-USF games, so I recall the energy & noise. I remember losing to WVU on their first trip to Ray Jay, and enduring the WVU fans singing country roads (my WVU wife, too!). My first thought was: I hope we never hear that song in Ray Jay again. We almost never did...losing our last game.

I was also at the games in MoTown, and I can assure anyone that WVU stadium is a much bigger advantage than UCF. Not knocking UCF, but 21 is WAY too high.

So you think at the height of the program, so far, that the USF stadium atmosphere should be ranked low as it is on his poll? That is the question. Is the atmosphere is not pretty awesome when it's packed and USF has got a good team? Sure this last couple years with the team sucking and everyone staying at home, it's sucked. But it would've sucked in an on-campus stadium too. I don't think kicking a horse when it's down and saying oh we need a new stadium because look at the rankings when the team has been sucking is a fair assessment. It would've been ranked low even if there was a stadium. Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

UCF tied with Texas A&M? .... This list is laughable.

A&M has sold out an 88,000 person stadium the last two seasons with a student section of 30,000 students which is more than students than fans UCF can even get to show up to just a year ago.

• Upvote 1