• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Wish Booger Mcfarland the best on SEC network

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Couldn't 98.7 find anyone better the Booger for the 3-7pm slot.  I wonder what kind of ratings he pulls versus the other asshat on 620.

Here's hoping Fan Interfernce gets bumped to 3-7pm.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

if you don't watch p5 games you cant be much of college football fan

• Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

Help, Heart attack! I actually agree with Smazz.

One of the best things about tailgating with the Bull Backers (aside from the food) is that we get to watch all the games on the porch big screen leading up to the main event. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I love this board

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Couldn't 98.7 find anyone better the Booger for the 3-7pm slot.  I wonder what kind of ratings he pulls versus the other asshat on 620.

Here's hoping Fan Interfernce gets bumped to 3-7pm.

Booger's been there for quite a while, relatively speaking, so he's either doing a decent job up against the Big Douche or the BD has that slot so wrapped up, they figure "Why bother?".

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I have to agree with you there.   I don't have any problem watching P5 football because some of the games like Auburn v. Bama last year are some of the most exciting games to watch in all of sports.   I have family that lives in Eugene, Oregon too so the Ducks have become my #2 team when watching College Football.

The main problem I have is the unnecessary elitism.   As a fan of an AAC / old Big East team, I already know that we are on a lower tier as the SEC, Big 10, etc, and honestly I really don't care.  I love watching USF football.  Whether they play for the Sun-Belt or SEC that's not going to change.   What can change though is whether I choose to watch teams like LSU, Alabama, Texas, and Stanford, because although the games are often good, I have zero emotional attachment to them and whether I watch them or not is irrelevant.  It's not like the NFL (I'm a Jets fan), so I may tune in to watch Patriots v. Dolphins, or Bengals v. Chargers because the results of those games can have a direct impact on my own team.   If LSU goes 11-1 next year it has zero effect on what happens to USF. None.  So if people like Booger are a**holes and trash my team and conference, then naturally I will be less likely to watch LSU games because I don't want to be a part of that elitist garbage.   When I hear coaches though like Charlie Strong say that P5 teams should continue to play non-P5 schools because it is beneficial to everyone, then I may be inclined to watch a few more Longhorn games.

The "Experts" have been wondering why College Football ratings are going down at a rapid pace, and the answer is right in front of their noses, they just refuse to accept it.   When you try to cut conferences and teams out from the highest level of college football, you are also cutting out their fans.  It's that simple.  Guy's like Booger are the worst of the worst when it comes to this and I hope in the future when SEC ratings hit all time lows they start to realize it.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I have to agree with you there.   I don't have any problem watching P5 football because some of the games like Auburn v. Bama last year are some of the most exciting games to watch in all of sports.   I have family that lives in Eugene, Oregon too so the Ducks have become my #2 team when watching College Football.

The main problem I have is the unnecessary elitism.   As a fan of an AAC / old Big East team, I already know that we are on a lower tier as the SEC, Big 10, etc, and honestly I really don't care.  I love watching USF football.  Whether they play for the Sun-Belt or SEC that's not going to change.   What can change though is whether I choose to watch teams like LSU, Alabama, Texas, and Stanford, because although the games are often good, I have zero emotional attachment to them and whether I watch them or not is irrelevant.  It's not like the NFL (I'm a Jets fan), so I may tune in to watch Patriots v. Dolphins, or Bengals v. Chargers because the results of those games can have a direct impact on my own team.   If LSU goes 11-1 next year it has zero effect on what happens to USF. None.  So if people like Booger are a**holes and trash my team and conference, then naturally I will be less likely to watch LSU games because I don't want to be a part of that elitist garbage.   When I hear coaches though like Charlie Strong say that P5 teams should continue to play non-P5 schools because it is beneficial to everyone, then I may be inclined to watch a few more Longhorn games.

The "Experts" have been wondering why College Football ratings are going down at a rapid pace, and the answer is right in front of their noses, they just refuse to accept it.   When you try to cut conferences and teams out from the highest level of college football, you are also cutting out their fans.  It's that simple.  Guy's like Booger are the worst of the worst when it comes to this and I hope in the future when SEC ratings hit all time lows they start to realize it.

This.

I'm decidedly NOT a "college football fan" I'm a Bulls fan. The only time I care about watching any other games is when they have an impact on the Bulls. One of the greatest parts of the 2007 season was that there were a LOT of moving pieces, and a lot of other games had consequences. So I watched a lot of other games

If none of the P5 games have any effect on USF, I just won't bother watching them. It really is that simple.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  432
  • Days Won:  0

Booger is SO **** annoying with his SEC homer BS! He is ignorant to anything outside of the SEC and especially when it comes to USF. I really hope he goes away as well! 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

if you don't watch p5 games you cant be much of college football fan

I have to agree with you there. I don't have any problem watching P5 football because some of the games like Auburn v. Bama last year are some of the most exciting games to watch in all of sports. I have family that lives in Eugene, Oregon too so the Ducks have become my #2 team when watching College Football.

The main problem I have is the unnecessary elitism. As a fan of an AAC / old Big East team, I already know that we are on a lower tier as the SEC, Big 10, etc, and honestly I really don't care. I love watching USF football. Whether they play for the Sun-Belt or SEC that's not going to change. What can change though is whether I choose to watch teams like LSU, Alabama, Texas, and Stanford, because although the games are often good, I have zero emotional attachment to them and whether I watch them or not is irrelevant. It's not like the NFL (I'm a Jets fan), so I may tune in to watch Patriots v. Dolphins, or Bengals v. Chargers because the results of those games can have a direct impact on my own team. If LSU goes 11-1 next year it has zero effect on what happens to USF. None. So if people like Booger are a**holes and trash my team and conference, then naturally I will be less likely to watch LSU games because I don't want to be a part of that elitist garbage. When I hear coaches though like Charlie Strong say that P5 teams should continue to play non-P5 schools because it is beneficial to everyone, then I may be inclined to watch a few more Longhorn games.

The "Experts" have been wondering why College Football ratings are going down at a rapid pace, and the answer is right in front of their noses, they just refuse to accept it. When you try to cut conferences and teams out from the highest level of college football, you are also cutting out their fans. It's that simple. Guy's like Booger are the worst of the worst when it comes to this and I hope in the future when SEC ratings hit all time lows they start to realize it.

This.

I'm decidedly NOT a "college football fan" I'm a Bulls fan. The only time I care about watching any other games is when they have an impact on the Bulls. One of the greatest parts of the 2007 season was that there were a LOT of moving pieces, and a lot of other games had consequences. So I watched a lot of other games

If none of the P5 games have any effect on USF, I just won't bother watching them. It really is that simple.

You are so right. That 2007 season I watched more CFB than I had before or since. Every week the other games impacted USF. However, I will watch all of the other games in our conference before I watch the P5 games with a few exceptions. It is always good to see what the other teams are doing and to cheer for a UCF loss. Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'd be willing to tune back into 98.7 in the afternoons if Booger was no longer there. He's not an engaging broadcaster.