• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado To Join USF Athletics Administration

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Lelo is a great guy and I am glad he is still a Bull. He can help with the fundraising aspect of things for sure. The loss of Mr Selmon has set us back 20 years IMO. I hope Mr Harlan can change the atmosphere of the athletic department. The prior regime knew nothing about SPORTS and was not very supportive. I will leave it at that. Lelo will support whomever they bring in (JOE URSO is #1 BABY!). He is sick of losing as much as any of us are. He would admit that it just did not work out with the wins/losses and that is what coaches are judged on, period...........       :GoBulls:

Maybe we can catch fire and win the tourney.....that would be awesome. Not going to a Regional since 2002 is unbelievable based on our location and new facilities. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Prado did not suddenly become a lousy coach when he got to USF.  He was very successful at Louisville, not so at USF.  That isn't his problem, it is a university problem.  A new coach can't solve the problem until the larger problems are solved.

Huh!  In 11 seasons he finished 8th, 7th, 5th, 6th, 8th, T-5th, 2nd, 7th, 8th, T-6th, and 3rd in CUSA.  (148-151-1).  You call that very successful???

At USF his teams finished 5th, 6th, 2nd, T-4, 9th, T-3rd, and 4th in the BEast. (108-78)  How is that less successful?

Your numbers don't match others earlier in the thread, and also they were taken out of context.  Clearly Prado raised the bar at Louisville while he was there.

Do you not understand conference play?  Finishing the season in 1st place is the primary goal of the season.  He had a losing conference record after 11 seasons in C-USA at UofL ... his conference record at USF was better than that.

I certainly understand people cherry picking numbers to support the position they wish to convey.

Use what numbers you want, your claim that "he was very successful at UL and not so at USF" doesn't hold water.

He was .515 overall at UL, and .541 at USF.

He was .494 in conference at UL, and .562 at USF.

He got a good paycheck, so by definition, he was successful. No?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Prado did not suddenly become a lousy coach when he got to USF.  He was very successful at Louisville, not so at USF.  That isn't his problem, it is a university problem.  A new coach can't solve the problem until the larger problems are solved.

Huh!  In 11 seasons he finished 8th, 7th, 5th, 6th, 8th, T-5th, 2nd, 7th, 8th, T-6th, and 3rd in CUSA.  (148-151-1).  You call that very successful???

At USF his teams finished 5th, 6th, 2nd, T-4, 9th, T-3rd, and 4th in the BEast. (108-78)  How is that less successful?

Your numbers don't match others earlier in the thread, and also they were taken out of context.  Clearly Prado raised the bar at Louisville while he was there.

Do you not understand conference play?  Finishing the season in 1st place is the primary goal of the season.  He had a losing conference record after 11 seasons in C-USA at UofL ... his conference record at USF was better than that.

I certainly understand people cherry picking numbers to support the position they wish to convey.

Use what numbers you want, your claim that "he was very successful at UL and not so at USF" doesn't hold water.

He was .515 overall at UL, and .541 at USF.

He was .494 in conference at UL, and .562 at USF.

He got a good paycheck, so by definition, he was successful. No?

Compare him to every coach Louisville had before him. I think by that definition, he was VERY successful.

Just because someone was more successful, doesn't automatically mean everyone else was failure.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  223
  • Days Won:  1

Well, there it is ...

Tony La Russa for USF baseball HC!!

My wife's maiden name is LaRussa. And her grandpa is cousins with Tony. Lots of fam already in Tampa.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Weird move to me.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

I heard through the grapevine that Coach Prado and Tino went on a family trip to Spain with a local high roller businessman.  This person is apparently going to be one of the financeers of the baseball stadium down the road.  And it sounds like that road isn't as long as some suspect.

Tough news about Diaz, but after watching UL in the World Series, I have no doubt that CLP will take USF to the next level and be a major player in College Baseball for years to come.

Richard Gonzmart is the one that put the trip on.  He does it twice a year and his summer trip he auctions off at the Bull's Auction.  I heard Prado and Tino were going, but remember Prado, Richard, and Tino are all part of the South Tampa Latin connection that will return Bulls baseball to glory.  A proverbial "Who's Who" of the ST connection.  Hopefully, they're taking a big potential booster that's ready to foot the stadium bill.  Although Richard certainly could probably do it too.

Gonzmart gave that money for the field.

And don't forget Lelo's wife was/is also in the Athletic Department (gousfbulls.com is down)

Is it the "latino connection" and/or connection to big donor that saved him a job?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I heard through the grapevine that Coach Prado and Tino went on a family trip to Spain with a local high roller businessman.  This person is apparently going to be one of the financeers of the baseball stadium down the road.  And it sounds like that road isn't as long as some suspect.

Tough news about Diaz, but after watching UL in the World Series, I have no doubt that CLP will take USF to the next level and be a major player in College Baseball for years to come.

Richard Gonzmart is the one that put the trip on.  He does it twice a year and his summer trip he auctions off at the Bull's Auction.  I heard Prado and Tino were going, but remember Prado, Richard, and Tino are all part of the South Tampa Latin connection that will return Bulls baseball to glory.  A proverbial "Who's Who" of the ST connection.  Hopefully, they're taking a big potential booster that's ready to foot the stadium bill.  Although Richard certainly could probably do it too.

Gonzmart gave that money for the field.

And don't forget Lelo's wife was/is also in the Athletic Department (gousfbulls.com is down)

Is it the "latino connection" and/or connection to big donor that saved him a job?

Gonzmart's have the plaza naming rights ($500K).  Still no name for the field other than Red McEwen (sp?) as far as I know. I'm guessing naming rights for the field would be available if someone wanted to pony up $1 million or better.

This move was instigated by Prado.  Been in coaching for 34 years and wants to get into administration and hopefully become an AD at some point.  His plan was to coach 1 more year but this opportunity was there now.