• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Prado To Join USF Athletics Administration

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

I agree it's concerning that Prado wasn't able to achieve here like previous schools, but now it's kinda to the point of needing the new blood. Maybe, similar to DW, this allows a cheaper exit strategy for USF than outright firing.

Looking back this seems to be a trend at USF.  Heath, Holtz and Prado all had reasonable amounts of success at prior jobs. What is it about USF that brings out the worst in people? Is it lack of student support, alumni support, history? All of the above?  It is really perplexing.  We'll see if any of the new hires can change the culture here but something seems to be off a bit.  Indian Burial Grounds anyone?  j/k with that last remark.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

I agree it's concerning that Prado wasn't able to achieve here like previous schools, but now it's kinda to the point of needing the new blood. Maybe, similar to DW, this allows a cheaper exit strategy for USF than outright firing.

Looking back this seems to be a trend at USF.  Heath, Holtz and Prado all had reasonable amounts of success at prior jobs. What is it about USF that brings out the worst in people? Is it lack of student support, alumni support, history? All of the above?  It is really perplexing.  We'll see if any of the new hires can change the culture here but something seems to be off a bit.  Indian Burial Grounds anyone?  j/k with that last remark.

Not sure you can lump Heath in there. 3rd year in had USF back to the post season, 5th year had best season in history of the program .... BUT that best season was away from the Burial Grounds so I wouldn't write that off so flippantly.   B)

Eriksen, Jose and the soccer coaches must have pacts with the Devil ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I believe Prado's contract was up so there shouldn't have been any financial ramifications from him not returning ... and as far as creating a role for him, isn't this kind of the role that LRS had and was it ever really filled?

Yep, you're right he's on contract through this season, so should be no buyout issues (even if there were, it would be peanuts compared to football or MBB). Don't know the logic--maybe hm's "connections" thought?

A buyout probably wouldn't have mattered since he took a position in the athletic department.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Prado did not suddenly become a lousy coach when he got to USF.  He was very successful at Louisville, not so at USF.  That isn't his problem, it is a university problem.  A new coach can't solve the problem until the larger problems are solved.

Huh!  In 11 seasons he finished 8th, 7th, 5th, 6th, 8th, T-5th, 2nd, 7th, 8th, T-6th, and 3rd in CUSA.  (148-151-1).  You call that very successful???

At USF his teams finished 5th, 6th, 2nd, T-4, 9th, T-3rd, and 4th in the BEast. (108-78)  How is that less successful?

Your numbers don't match others earlier in the thread, and also they were taken out of context.  Clearly Prado raised the bar at Louisville while he was there.

Not sure you can lump Heath in there. 3rd year in had USF back to the post season, 5th year had best season in history of the program .... BUT that best season was away from the Burial Grounds so I wouldn't write that off so flippantly.   B)

Eriksen, Jose and the soccer coaches must have pacts with the Devil ...

Coach Heath is by far the most successful basketball coach the program has ever had.  Not good enough for the masses, I guess.

Money.  Administrative support.  Money.  Facilities.  Alumni support.

An objective evaluation shows that these coaches had far more at other schools than they did once they got to USF.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

absurd

usf must have money to burn

he cant make it as a baseball manager 

simply give him ANOTHER  job

what new manager wants to come to a school with old manager looking over his shoulder?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

If he's a good fund-raiser, he's a good fund-raiser, and you don't let people like that get away.

So the real question is ... is he a good fund-raiser?

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

If he's a good fund-raiser, he's a good fund-raiser, and you don't let people like that get away.

So the real question is ... is he a good fund-raiser?

He has a lot of Tampa connections because he grew up here, so yes. There's also this:

"Prado served as Assistant Director of Athletics at Tampa, focusing on fundraising and community support coordination. Prado has also worked with the Nicaraguan National Baseball Team."

Prado did not suddenly become a lousy coach when he got to USF.  He was very successful at Louisville, not so at USF.  That isn't his problem, it is a university problem.  A new coach can't solve the problem until the larger problems are solved.

Huh!  In 11 seasons he finished 8th, 7th, 5th, 6th, 8th, T-5th, 2nd, 7th, 8th, T-6th, and 3rd in CUSA.  (148-151-1).  You call that very successful???

At USF his teams finished 5th, 6th, 2nd, T-4, 9th, T-3rd, and 4th in the BEast. (108-78)  How is that less successful?

Your numbers don't match others earlier in the thread, and also they were taken out of context.  Clearly Prado raised the bar at Louisville while he was there.

Do you not understand conference play?  Finishing the season in 1st place is the primary goal of the season.  He had a losing conference record after 11 seasons in C-USA at UofL ... his conference record at USF was better than that.

I certainly understand people cherry picking numbers to support the position they wish to convey.