• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Oh FFS

Why did we allow this kid to transfer to another FL school? Ridiculous.

No other FL schools

No schools within Conference

I don't think you're allowed to block an entire state. I think the only thing you can block that won't get challenged is within conference and future opponents.

And also, **** the Gators.

Even still it's a ***** move to block transfer options.  He wanted out let him out.  Hem would be livid if a kid wanted to transfer from UF to USF and the transfer were blocked...

That's a great point...says the team that got Dunkley & McFarland from UF.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

This stings.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Oh FFS

No other FL schools

I don't think you're allowed to block an entire state. I think the only thing you can block that won't get challenged is within conference and future opponents.

Even still it's a ***** move to block transfer options.  He wanted out let him out.  Hem would be livid if a kid wanted to transfer from UF to USF and the transfer were blocked...

IDK about being livid, but I see these kids getting blocked all the time. I just don't see why we wouldn't do the same. Kid signed a contract to play for USF, not for a coach or a certain assistant. That's an argument in itself and I don't even want to venture down that road of 25 pages of back and forth so I'll just leave it as is.

and yes, **** the Gators.

True, as we celebrate Canty transferring from Marshall because his coach left.  Hard to want it only to work FOR us.  I hate UF as much as anyone, but we should be consistent on both sides of the transfer.

I'm guessing Egbunu sits out the next season, which is likely good for him, so he can hone his game and develop an offensive skill set.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Oh FFS

No other FL schools

Don't forget Pupello.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Oh FFS

No other FL schools

Arguably a different situation though... UF doesn't see us as a rival - or even as competition, really.  Same cannot be said the other way around.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Oh FFS

No other FL schools

Don't forget Pupello.

That's Mr. Pistol-Whip-Pupello to you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

Oh FFS

No other FL schools

Man pipe down! Who the hell cares where he went. Egbunu quit on his teammates and the University of South Florida. Him going to UF means nothing to USF, absolutely nothing. It has no effect positive of negative on the Bulls that he will play for Florida.

I wouldn't be that quick with the "pipe downs" to USF fans about this. A lot have an historical hatred of the Gators and should be allowed to vent ... and easy on the "quit on his teammates" stuff, too, since we're out beating the bushes looking for players who have done the exact same thing, including one already flushed out ..... hopefully.

I'm surprised he didn't end up at VT with Rocc.

And I guess that makes us even with UF for stealing Chris Capko ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Everyone knows that players who leave USF are "quitters" who can't handle the hard work ethic demanded by new coaches CWT and COA. Players that leave other school to come to USF are natural born winners who want a coach that will demand more out of them. Also, Tampa has beaches.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Everyone knows that players who leave USF are "quitters" who can't handle the hard work ethic demanded by new coaches CWT and COA. Players that leave other school to come to USF are natural born winners who want a coach that will demand more out of them. Also, Tampa has beaches.

Beaches are nothing without the amazing weather ...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

Oh FFS

No other FL schools

Man pipe down! Who the hell cares where he went. Egbunu quit on his teammates and the University of South Florida. Him going to UF means nothing to USF, absolutely nothing. It has no effect positive of negative on the Bulls that he will play for Florida.

I wouldn't be that quick with the "pipe downs" to USF fans about this. A lot have an historical hatred of the Gators and should be allowed to vent ... and easy on the "quit on his teammates" stuff, too, since we're out beating the bushes looking for players who have done the exact same thing, including one already flushed out ..... hopefully.

I can careless about some historical hatred for the Gators. They didn't beat USF for Egbunu or walk onto campus and kidnap Egbunu. John Egbunu abandoned USF April 22nd, almost a month ago. He hasn't had ties to this program since then and was out there for anybody to have. Him ending up Florida is the same way he could have ended up at G'Town, MSU, or Arizona. He went to a place where he believed gives him the best chance to start in '15-'16. Many thought he would go to the Hoyas but once they got those commitments from Govan and the other frontcourt players, that played a huge factor in Egbunu running to Florida where he has a chance to start for sure.

Your other comment easy on the "quit on his teammates" stuff, too, since we're out beating the bushes looking for players who have done the exact same thing, including one already flushed out ..... hopefully.

I mean what is that about? If was a Marshall fan I would say the same thing about Canty. There were over 500 transfers out this year. That means that anybody that wasn't forced to look else where quit on their fans, teammates, and University. The bottomline is it happens, deal with it and move on like anybody else.