• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is tiring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I get that some of you have never been involved with the hiring process and believe that USF botched this.  USF never made an announcement.  the information was leaked (which needs to stop).

Search firms and recruiters are often used in hiring professionals, so harping on that isn't getting anywhere.

Potential employees don't agree to background checks until there is an offer of a job.  I hired someone that we had to let go of because he failed his background check.  It happens (see O'Leary, Notre Dame).

Unless you know what came up on his background check it's really unfair to slam USF for this.

I think I may have to take a hiatus from the board until this is all settled.  For those who claim to be USF fans, you guys are sure quick to jump on USF about anything.

I am not sure what everyone is so upset about - this is the most professional our Athletic Department has looked sense Doug Woolard took over. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I get that some of you have never been involved with the hiring process and believe that USF botched this.  USF never made an announcement.  the information was leaked (which needs to stop).

Search firms and recruiters are often used in hiring professionals, so harping on that isn't getting anywhere.

Potential employees don't agree to background checks until there is an offer of a job.  I hired someone that we had to let go of because he failed his background check.  It happens (see O'Leary, Notre Dame).

Unless you know what came up on his background check it's really unfair to slam USF for this.

I think I may have to take a hiatus from the board until this is all settled.  For those who claim to be USF fans, you guys are sure quick to jump on USF about anything.

I am not sure what everyone is so upset about - this is the most professional our Athletic Department has looked sense Doug Woolard took over. 

I'm not sure if I'm happy about that being true or sad.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,946
  • Days Won:  12

For what its worth, the general opinion out there is that USF comes out of this looking good and Masiello looks bad. Even some GOL jokes in here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/21eryu/espns_brett_mcmurphy_steve_masiello_had_his_usf/

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Only way this backfires on us and we (rightfully) look incompetent is if it turns out he did get that degree and our search firm called the wrong college of something.... so long as he really didn't get his degree then we did the right thing.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

QTF and spot on... including the last line.

I may just copy this and use this as a reply to the ignorant posters that continue to post their drivel.

Also important to note is that you CANNOT, BY LAW...  do a background check on sensitive information (such as school records) until the candidate signs a release... WHICH IS USUALLY DONE ON THE LETTER OF OFFER.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

I get that some of you have never been involved with the hiring process and believe that USF botched this. USF never made an announcement. the information was leaked (which needs to stop).

Potential employees don't agree to background checks until there is an offer of a job. I hired someone that we had to let go of because he failed his background check. It happens (see O'Leary, Notre Dame).

I think I may have to take a hiatus from the board until this is all settled. For those who claim to be USF fans, you guys are sure quick to jump on USF about anything.

This board, like other internet places, needs people like you.

You nailed it, as I have tried to.

It's too easy here, twitter, elsewhere to make bad assumptions and blame USF for this.

All, why allow bad leaks and faulty sources to generate enmity for your alma mater? You're getting played jumping on the Blame USF bandwagon.

Best to allow the facts. And to understand how this type of recruitment is done. I've seen it before. You should actually be proud your University didn't step in it. Some people on the internet did. Masiello did, it appears.

I have seen nothing that makes USF deserving of blame.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I get that some of you have never been involved with the hiring process and believe that USF botched this. USF never made an announcement. the information was leaked (which needs to stop).

Potential employees don't agree to background checks until there is an offer of a job. I hired someone that we had to let go of because he failed his background check. It happens (see O'Leary, Notre Dame).

I think I may have to take a hiatus from the board until this is all settled. For those who claim to be USF fans, you guys are sure quick to jump on USF about anything.

It's too easy here, twitter, elsewhere to make bad assumptions and blame USF for this.

All, why allow bad leaks and faulty sources to generate enmity for your alma mater? You're getting played jumping on the Blame USF bandwagon.

Best to allow the facts. And to understand how this type of recruitment is done. I've seen it before. You should actually be proud your University didn't step in it. Some people on the internet did. Masiello did, it appears.

What "faulty sources" were there here?  Reporters (including Collin and the Voodoo 5 folks, McMurphy, and the rest) seemed to be accurate at each stage.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Sources that feed bad information whether formally or informally to anyone on the internet that will take it.

This can range from the source that said USF would have a release to announce the hiring all the way to the source that claimed it was a done deal. Sources can be wrong.

Much of this "source" and "multiple sources" work (regurgitation) led some to believe comments and claims were legit, including the belief USF had announced the hire(especially when legit organizations like CBSSports get taken in). They, USF, had not announced anything.

Guest PCBull14

CLAPPING LOUDLY RIGHT NOW.

A positive post on here is like gold. It never happens, I thought this was a USF hate board.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

What "faulty sources" were there here?  Reporters (including Collin and the Voodoo 5 folks, McMurphy, and the rest) seemed to be accurate at each stage.

With no corroboration from USF, how do you know they were accurate at each stage?