• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is tiring

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I get that some of you have never been involved with the hiring process and believe that USF botched this.  USF never made an announcement.  the information was leaked (which needs to stop).

Search firms and recruiters are often used in hiring professionals, so harping on that isn't getting anywhere.

Potential employees don't agree to background checks until there is an offer of a job.  I hired someone that we had to let go of because he failed his background check.  It happens (see O'Leary, Notre Dame).

Unless you know what came up on his background check it's really unfair to slam USF for this.

I think I may have to take a hiatus from the board until this is all settled.  For those who claim to be USF fans, you guys are sure quick to jump on USF about anything.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

But, it is important to get it "RIGHT"....

Actually, I just read why the offer was pulled.  Lying on a resume is a big no-no for most companies, especially if a degree is required.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,112
  • Days Won:  7

I get that some of you have never been involved with the hiring process and believe that USF botched this.  USF never made an announcement.  the information was leaked (which needs to stop).

Search firms and recruiters are often used in hiring professionals, so harping on that isn't getting anywhere.

Potential employees don't agree to background checks until there is an offer of a job.  I hired someone that we had to let go of because he failed his background check.  It happens (see O'Leary, Notre Dame).

Unless you know what came up on his background check it's really unfair to slam USF for this.

I think I may have to take a hiatus from the board until this is all settled.  For those who claim to be USF fans, you guys are sure quick to jump on USF about anything.

*rubs your back*

Don't worry about it man. This will blow over in a year or two. 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

hnestly I'm amazed that so many thought USF was somehow at fault here. they aren't a bunch of bumbling idiots. they went through the same hiring process that any other major corporation or university would go through. it's not exactly rocket science.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

Honestly, once the reason came out, I think the vast majority on here are pretty much okay with it .... just the usual malcontents still ******** and moaning about it.

Honestly, once the reason came out, I think the vast majority on here are pretty much okay with it .... just the usual malcontents still ******** and moaning about it.

Unfortunately, they are the most vocal.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  123
  • Days Won:  0

Great post!!

I am sure USF could hire Billy Donovan and some portion of the people on here would moan about something!

Thx

jonpfl

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Unfortunately, they are the most vocal.

As someone has said before, the board is a catharsis for some.  Don't let it get to you. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

It was definitely the right move. Hey, maybe UCF will hire him now! :FIREdevil:

• Upvote 2