• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mark Harlan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Per Joey Johnston:

Woolard, although he is no longer the athletic director, will remain at USF until July 2015 at his full base salary of about $560,000 annually.

Sucks but if thats what it takes...

Takes for what? I'd like to know what exactly Doug is doing now to earn the EXACT SAME BASE PAY as when he was the AD!!! Did he really do that little that it's a wash? Is Judy just letting him go fishing this last year+ and shuffling donor dollars his way cause he's a nice guy? What's he doing to earn his paycheck?

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Per Joey Johnston:

Woolard, although he is no longer the athletic director, will remain at USF until July 2015 at his full base salary of about $560,000 annually.

Takes for what? I'd like to know what exactly Doug is doing now to earn the EXACT SAME BASE PAY as when he was the AD!!! Did he really do that little that it's a wash? Is Judy just letting him go fishing this last year+ and shuffling donor dollars his way cause he's a nice guy? What's he doing to earn his paycheck?

Umm....

Fulfilling the legal terms of his contract?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Per Joey Johnston:

Umm....

USF is flush with cash

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Per Joey Johnston:

Umm....

I believe Doug turns 65 next year, so this contract allows him to sail right in to a big fat pension from the state.

Edited by El_Toro_86

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Per Joey Johnston:

Umm....

USF is flush with cash

Woolard and USF have a contract.  The terms need to be fulfilled, regardless whether or not USF is, "flush with cash".

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Per Joey Johnston:

Umm....

USF is flush with cash

Woolard and USF have a contract. The terms need to be fulfilled, regardless whether or not USF is, "flush with cash".

I think some people on here expected DW to forfeit his pay since he was fired, just like every professional athlete who's ever been released says "no thank you" when the team tries to pay them.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

Per Joey Johnston:

It is what it is. None of us get paid what we deserve, we get paid what we negotiate.

if USF is smart, they'll negotiate a number that Doug takes so he can walk away immediately. I'm sure Doug could forego a little of that money to gtfo asap. I'm sure he'd like to consult or some other crap.

if Doug doesn't budge, usf should give him his props, ask him why he wasn't this tough working on behalf of USF and then give him the full amount. then tell him to take a walk.

USF athletics is on to better days. . . . Doug only gets in the way.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Per Joey Johnston:

It is what it is. None of us get paid what we deserve, we get paid what we negotiate.

if USF is smart, they'll negotiate a number that Doug takes so he can walk away immediately. I'm sure Doug could forego a little of that money to gtfo asap. I'm sure he'd like to consult or some other crap.

if Doug doesn't budge, usf should give him his props, ask him why he wasn't this tough working on behalf of USF and then give him the full amount. then tell him to take a walk.

USF athletics is on to better days. . . . Doug only gets in the way.

He probably needs that year for his pension

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Per Joey Johnston:

Umm....

USF is flush with cash
Woolard and USF have a contract. The terms need to be fulfilled, regardless whether or not USF is, "flush with cash".

I think some people on here expected DW to forfeit his pay since he was fired, just like every professional athlete who's ever been released says "no thank you" when the team tries to pay them.

There muat be more to it then that salary.  I'd be too embarassed to stick around and collect a check for failure. There is a reason his announcement came out, he was removed.  This is part of the problem and this is Judy's influence on Athletics.  Hopefully with the Harlan hire, Judy steps out, completely and we can have a legit Athletic Director that leads and performs and consequently can hold others accountable,

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Doug is a University employee and I believe part of his compensation comes from a state funded school. 

This should make him eligible for a pension from the state of Florida.